Army vs. Navy Medicine

Hello

I am a medical student and interested in applying for a cadetship with either the Army or Navy as a Medical Officer.

Obviously they are very different options, particularly during the GDMO years, but I wanted to hear opinions on each service.

I am particularly interested in being as close to the front line as possible, preferably serving the special forces community where possible. I fully understand I will not be kicking down doors and abseiling down the side of an embassy as a doctor, but I'd like to be as close to this community as possible.

I'm guessing the best option in the Army would be something like 16 Medical Regiment? And maybe in the meantime I could consider 144 Parachute Medical Squadron or even 21/23 if I am fit enough physically and mentally.

In the Navy it would have to me Royal Marines, and I could even consider RMR during uni.

My understanding is that the training years and even consultant years will be very similar between services (ie at Bastion and even in the Falklands both worked together closely). My understanding is it will mainly be the GDMO years that differ. Please correct me if I am wrong! Any new information will help make my decision easier.

Thank you all in advance

Army med is much better because they need it more

" I fully understand I will not be kicking down doors and abseiling down the side of an embassy as a doctor, but I'd like to be as close to this community as possible.
"
Go to glasgow for that

Latest Threads