Army v Royal Navy 2008

Topaz

Lantern Swinger
Thanks for that.
Its actulay got me tempted to buy the RN Rugby shirt

Ive watched games on tv, never real though so im determind to watch a match near me :D

Topaz

Lantern Swinger
LOL im definatly going if i can get to twickenam.

Im going to see an RAF v civvie match in 2weeks.
That should be a bundle of joys watching my sis haha.

YouAreHavingALaugh

Lantern Swinger
Proud_2_B_RN said:
I have never seen a live Union match, (being from St Helens Union is treason) might go along to watch that.
Been going to this for years, no one told me there was a Rugby match on. Must have missed it.

Hic, Hic,

Maybe too much drinking! LOL LOL LOL

Well worth a day out.

Deckhead_Inspector

Lantern Swinger
The opening 20 mins were fantastic. But no trys. Problem is not just the south sea islanders. Please don't forget that one of them died serving in Afganistan the day before the game. But there are Guardsmen who would never be seen in a red tunic and high hat because they are as wide as they are tall. All the RN side looked as if they would have no problem being passed fit for sea service, which is more than you can say for the Army front row. ( If you use BMI and the slightly more relevant "escape hatch" argument.) Sour grapes? You bet, in a blistering prop forward run through the oposing pack from two yards out weight and a low CofG realy do matter.

bobc2112

Midshipman
Concur with the above, I had high hopes for the first 15-20 minutes but then we were back to the same one man rugby that we've all seen for years. Didn't help with the Army South sea islanders dominating the game, their forwards simply destroyed ours. Not sure who won man of the match but the Army No.3 and No.8 were outstanding.
Cracking piss up though!!!!!

bobc2112

Midshipman
There ya go!! As a rugby league supporter, I wouldn't have recognised Chris B from Northampton. He stood out a country mile on the pitch though, he was outstandingly good. What chance will the RN ever have in this fixture when the Army has players like Chris at their disposal as well as all those lightning fast Fijians? Same when Tim Rodber used to turn out for the Army. We beat the fookers in the bar after the match though.
By the way, did anyone see the morris dancers trying to kick the crap outta each other in the north car park after the game? I know we don't need that type of stuff at the annual pilgrimage to HQ but it was bloody hilarious, more handbags than real fisticuffs.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
soleil Plymouth Live: "Royal Navy And British Army Reduce Presence In Caribbean" RFA 3
P Royal Navy or British Army? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 46
soleil Portsmouth News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth: Royal Navy, RAF & Army Form Up For Stunning Remembrance Day Tribute On Deck" The Fleet 3
Armouredcav18 British Army to Royal Navy transfer Joining the Royal Navy 3
Bill6001 Army Reservist transfer to Royal Navy Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
R Army Sgt Vehicle Mechanic (REME) transfer to Royal Navy ME Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 32
soleil Royal Navy Rescues Stricken Army Yacht The Fleet 1
M Transferring from the Army to the Royal Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D Ex army wanting to join royal navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 91
soleil Pompey News: "Royal Navy Shouldn't Fear Army General Chief" Current Affairs 1
perrym Army RL v Royal Navy RL 17/09/08 - match reports Sports and Adventure Training 5
MoD_RSS News story: Army tank technician shares royal connection as The Queen turns 90 MoD News 0
T Transfer from Army/RAF to Royal Marines CO? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
soleil RN Website: "Army All At Sea On HMS Ark Royal" The Fleet Air Arm 2
P Handing Royal Marines over to the Army Current Affairs 94
S joining royal marines after discharge from army Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Army Transfers royal marines The Corps 7
N Transfer: Army To Royal Marines Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
T Royal Marines/RMR - Army/TA RMR 16
MoD_RSS Army experts boost NATO fight against COVID-19 disinformation MoD News 0
H Army JNCO to Navy Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
soleil Army v Navy Rugby Match, May 2nd 2020, Cancellation Sports and Adventure Training 0
MoD_RSS The UK completes training of Somali National Army battalion in Baidoa MoD News 0
O Territorial Army to Navy Paperwork Joining the Royal Navy 1
MoD_RSS £2.8bn armoured vehicle contract secured for British Army MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Army and RAF listed as top 100 social mobility employers MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Army soldiers’ skills mapped to the Scottish qualifications framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Army boosts UK prosperity with £3m funding through DASA autonomous competition MoD News 0
Sumo Justice being sort or vendetta against the British Army, with Politicians letting it happen? Current Affairs 1
MoD_RSS British Army launches Industrial Engagement Framework MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DE&S and British Army launch the Army Warfighting Experiment (AWE) 20 experimentation project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Somali National Army Personnel graduate from UK led training in Baidoa MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New high-tech Army reconaissance vehicles built in Merthyr Tydfil MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Army restructures to confront evolving threats MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Military works with Vietnam People's Army MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Coventry company wins £63m Army vehicle support contract MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Army harnesses UK bridging innovation MoD News 0
C Re-joiner Army to Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
W Army Navy rugby The Quarterdeck 2
L Army medical s8 advice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS News story: Army robotics receive £66m boost MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Army tests innovative virtual reality training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government response: Minister for Asia statement on Arakan Army and Tatmadaw fighting MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: British Army receives pioneering bomb disposal robots MoD News 0
datlaidbackdude Applying for RN and Army-commonwealth Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Unsure of whether to join the Army or Navy Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS News story: Army start biggest military robot exercise in British history, Defence Secretary announces MoD News 0
1 Ex army wanting to join. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS News story: British Army set to redefine warfare with joint Autonomous Warrior MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Grave of D-Day army medic rededicated 74 years after his death MoD News 0