Army v Navy Rugby At Twickenham - 27/04/2013 - Tickets On Sale Via The RNRU

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by soleil, Nov 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I`ll be there.
  2. After watching Top Gear I hope the pitch at Twickers is back to normal and playable

3. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

The annual pilgrimage to the best weekend of the year. I just want to be there when we win once before I become a civvy!
  4. That will be an interesting game!
  5. Tickets arrived today, whey hey!!!

anyone know the best route to take from kings cross to twickers?
  6. The shortest one.
  7. Piccadilly line to Hounslow east walk to bus station then 281 stops outside ground

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)
  8. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Ok 281 stops outside the ground but which one does he get off at? :laughing5:

Army're going to win so £5 to Holidays for Heroes if (when) they do. Any of you guys want to back your (losing) team?
  9. I've got a fiver on the Fijian seconds winning, and a tenner on me having a skinful!!!
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

And i want to be sandwiched between Kate Beckinsale and Sarah Parrish in a paddling pool full of custard, but it ain't gonna happen. =D
    • Like Like x 1
  11. £5 says theres a punch up in the first 10 mins and the Navy score from the penalty.

Then the Fijians will get serious.
  12. Hey there. Anyone on here travelling from the Leeds area and wanting to share a coach. PM me if you're interested.
  13. My money`s on the Pongos to kick your paddle bashing arses.
  14. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Well, with almost 4 times the player base to choose from along with a load of capped Fijians, that's not exactly a prediction you need to be Mystic Meg to make is it?
    The occasional upset is sufficient to keep me happy, and make no mistake they are HUGE upsets, statistically they should never happen. Rugby is not like football where a fluke can win a match, the attritional nature of the game means that the best side wins 99.9% of the time, even if that is only the best side on the day.
  15. But we win the punch up in the first 5 mins, get the penalty and the first points.
  16. My money (or is it hope?), is that you slip into an unrelenting coma and never comment on a sport you know **** all about.
  17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What's all this 'rugby tactics' bollocks? I'm going to a 60,000-strong piss up! :party: :drunken:

18. Not working this year SPB?
  19. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Nah; I leave that sort of thing to the uniformed lads and lasses these days... :wink: