Army v Navy - Babcock Trophy - 28th April 2012 - Twickenham

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by soleil, Feb 16, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. poster12.jpg

Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  2. Bobcack are even sponsoring the rugby?

Festering corporate bastards.
  3. It isn't looking good to be honest.

I think pitch invasions are the order of the day again. Either that or actually make the Army select non-Fijians in their team.
  4. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I have to agree; I put up with the rain and delayed a long drive back to work in the hope I'd see something special but realising that the Army trounced the Crabs 59-0 and we only managed 13-6 puts it all into perspective.
  5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

It's a cunning plan.

..... honest.....
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Something along these lines, perhaps..? :wink:

• Like Like x 2
  7. Last edited: Apr 24, 2012
  8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I hope you lose. Massively.
  9. But we will win the punch up that decides who has the honour of scoring first.
  10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You can have that.

Last time i was there, i was verbally abused by a bloke dressed as Nelson in the toilets. I pissed on his buckled shoes.
  11. At least you were only verbally abused BR, I'm sure you've had worse abuse in a mens toilet before.
  12. The match is being shown on Sky Sports 1 but via its Red button option, as it clashes with something else (European rugby, I think).
  13. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

How many fijians are playing this year?
  14. It was a red button last year as well Soleil. but SKY seem to be the only ones who give the match any cover, the last few years i have scanned sever newspapers on the Sunday and Monday following the match and not a word of commentary on the best attended Rugby match (Bar internationals and cup matches) in the UK each year - the gate competes with top flight football matches ffs
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  15. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Anyone know the score? :grin:
  16. Just back home, as per normal there was the customary punch up in the first 5 mins started by the Army so we had the honour of scoring first.

Final score 49:9 ? I things are a bit hazy.

Crowd of 65,000 a quarter of the upper tier, that I could see was used for the first time.

5 Streakers during stoppage for injury 1 bloke made it across the diagonal, as big and hairy as me, 1 scored a try (in his head) a couple of others didnt make the pitch. Tinker Bell and Peter Pan and A N Other Flitted around for a while.

The Servicemen's Wives were better live than on tele and brought a tear to my eye with the National Anthem with the band.

A couple were stretchered off on the quad bike ambulance, hope they are all right.

Looking forward to the 27th. of April 2013.