Army TV Series & Documentaries

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Hello everyone,

During my search for TV series and documentaries which involve the UK Army, it has become apparent that many of you, love, enjoy and have searched for these hidden gems all over the internet. I intend to use this stream to guide such fans to the wonderful shows. Please feel free to make suggestions on shows you have been looking for and I will try my best to find them as well as update this stream which the ones I have already located. Please enjoy.

KirkCrazy

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
The first series I intend to share is Sandhurst (2011). This documentary series shot at the Royal Military Academy over the course of a year, follows the journey of one intake of cadets through the 200-year-old institution.

KirkCrazy
Password: Army

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3

Last edited:

Union Jack

Lantern Swinger
Seeing the DT obituary for the actor, Tony Selby, who shuffled off this mortal coil on 5 September, is headed

Tony Selby, likeable character actor whose career ranged from Ken Loach social-realist drama to the top-rated 1970s sitcom Get Some In!​

prompts me to suggest that you might like to consider including this light blue comedy in your highly commendable and entertaining series of shows, assuming that there are no legal barriers of course!

Jack

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Seeing the DT obituary for the actor, Tony Selby, who shuffled off this mortal coil on 5 September, is headed

Tony Selby, likeable character actor whose career ranged from Ken Loach social-realist drama to the top-rated 1970s sitcom Get Some In!​

prompts me to suggest that you might like to consider including this light blue comedy in your highly commendable and entertaining series of shows, assuming that there are no legal barriers of course!

Jack
Thank you for the suggestion @Union Jack, I will look into it and see what I can do. Be aware that because this is a TV Series based on the RAF, it will most likely go into my other thread below:

Royal Air Force (RAF) TV Series & Documentaries

Also please feel free to look through my thread on Royal Navy TV Series & Documentaries at the link below:

Royal Navy TV Series & Documentaries

I will continue to add to these 2 threads as I find shows of interest so keep watching for more and thank you for your interest and support.

KirkCrazy

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
With many of you offering suggestions as to other TV series you would like to re-watch, these have expanded beyond just the one service. With this in mind, I have expanded into 2 other threads for the other TV Series and Documentaries I find and am happy to share. The following below are the links to these threads.

Royal Navy TV Series & Documentaries

Royal Air Force (RAF) TV Series & Documentaries

Please feel free to look through these also which I will keep adding to as I find more of your suggestions. Thank you for your interest and support.

KirkCrazy

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Next up is the TV Series Guarding The Queen (2008). For the very first time cameras have been allowed behind the scenes at the royal palaces to see the historic and hidden world of the Grenadier Guards. The Grenadier Guards are the most senior infantry regiment in the British Army. They are probably best recognized as one of the five regiments of Foot Guards who stand watch outside Buckingham Palace come rain or shine. It is easy to forget – as you see them changing the guard to the sound of a military band – that this regiment has also been involved in almost every major British campaign since its formation through to the present day.

KirkCrazy
Password: Army

Episode 1 Episode 2 Episode 3

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger

Jack
Thank you @Union Jack . I have found the TV Series Get Some In! (1975-78) and have all 5 Seasons. I have begun to put these on my channel and you can find them at the following link. Please Enjoy.

Get Some In! (1975-78) TV Series

Kirkmania

Lantern Swinger
Last edited: