Army transfer to navy

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Jayc, Sep 6, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I'm looking at transferring from the reme as a class 2 vm to become a marine engineer... Does anyone have any information on this including pay (cut/rise), holding rank, training etc?
    Any info or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Its Royal Navy old chap, unlike to common Army. There are two or three others on site going (or gone) through the transfer, Hopefully they will be along shortly as I can't remember their names if you type Army to Navy in the search box (top right) several threads will come up. Good luck.
  3. Thank you very much
    • Like Like x 1
  4. All transfers are different. They will take into account rank, class, quals, time served ect ect. You could have a chat with your RCMO to get in contact with them, speak to an AFCO or actually put in a transfer request. If you do put the transfer request in you are NOT obliged to take the offer but that is the only way everything can be taken into account and an offer can be made for you. If you are a Cfn Class 2 I have a feeling you would have to start from the bottom, you may be able to fast track though on the Faraday project. Not sure if you would have to do basic training but I would doubt it as you are a trained soldier. I do have a contact number but he would only tell you what I just did. The other option is to contact them with a CV and they may be able to give you an idea from that. I'm currently in the process at the moment. Read some of the forums but you won't find too much info on army transfers as everyone's circumstances are different. PM me if you need any more info.
  5. Got to learn to march and salute properly, and not call everybody Sir :)
  6. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

And stop casing fights in pubs and beating your wife ROFL. Sorry I'm in a teasy mood today. I had a shit August......
  7. What you dont do that in the Navy?
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Haha first time I have heard it called marching in the Navy, thought it was a posh bimble, with some hand gestures :) will mate or pal be a good alternative to sir?? :)
  9. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Two biggest things, no stamping of feet and the salute is different.
  10. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

If it was only the one, you should eat more fibre or speak with your doctor.
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Must have got it from the Yanks :)