Army officers being sent to Libya.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by daffy1, Apr 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

Oh good, mission creep. 'Advisers' was one step on the US' slide into the Vietnam war.
  2. I'm glad I didnt have to be the first to mention the US military advisors link. So how long before this turns into ground troop intervention?

Thought Al-Qaeda supported this rebel lot? Surely Bin bumbum has more money than the UK anyway
  3. Are there any 5* hotels still standing in Benghazi? It's a dubious interpretation of the UN resolution but I have every faith in our great leaders, no shit!
  4. I wouldn't mind betting that the "advisors" are already in situ but the powers that be have only just seen fit to tell us.Cameron has nailed his colours(and by extension the UKs) to the mast.If Gadaffi was to put down the rebellion there would be great blobs of egg over the UKs face and not unsubstansive repercussions in my view.
  5. The momentum towards a no fly zone only really took off with any really effort when it looked like Gadaffi might actually rally and win. Then we all panicked and decided we had to help the rebels properly. Looks bad when we back the underdog, the underdog loses and then we have to handle an angry winner