Army Navy Match

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
I refer you to the MOD's 'Elite Sportsman' Policy. .
My "Google-Fu" powers evade me - do you have a linky to this policy?

I could only find this:

JSP 660 said:
International and Elite Sports Personnel

19. Service personnel are encouraged to compete, officiate or coach at the highest level;
the best may have opportunites to represent national teams in international events. The
training and representation at international level must be managed by the appropriate NGB.

Competing, officiating or coaching for a NGB is not part of Service so Service personnel do so at their own risk and are not covered by the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme (JSP 765).

20. International athletes, officials and coaches participate in IGB/NGB activities in their
own time and at their own expense.
Some international athletes can be given ‘Elite’ status which allows the individual to train full time with their respective NGB. The management of Elite athletes varies between the Services. Details can be found at:

a. RN. BRd51(4) Ch 10 [link].
b. Army. AGAI Vol 1 Ch 5 [link].
c. RAF. AP 3415 Sect 2 Ch 2 [link] and MSI Vol 1 Part 5 Ch 2.

When I was on Mechs course I only got a few weeks accelerated advancement at the end of it (due to my attitude towards some hossifers allegedly so service marks were 0% :) ) although I never failed any exams.

One bloke got backclassed into my class and then still failed a few exams but passed the re-takes, he got a max whack of accelerated advancement.

He was a Navy golfer and the Captain of Sultan at the time was the Navy golf team captain, so matey boy got stacks of time off for golf.

Just a coincidence he got max advancement I'm sure, just spooky all the others who got backclassed got "nul points" ;)

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Ninja thought display team was a draft, probably wrong
It probably was as it was a recruiting asset most likely funded by the then Director of Naval Recruiting.

If it was a draft, then reliefs would have back-filled the gapped billets & everybody perfectly content.

The issue nowadays, with considerably less manpower to start with, gapped billets can stop ships sailing - it's that tight and harder to justify paying people a wage for not doing their job.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
The wail on form, a drunken group having fun or not, somewhere near London, must be going to a Rugby Match
They were matelots - I saw them at Fleet, and then the pitch invasion at Twickenham. Without the Filthy Language in front of families it would have been amusing.... As such, all over Social Media, it is not. They won't be hard to track down as the one that invaded the pitch presumably got nicked, then presumably the Jossman will have a view...

They were matelots - I saw them at Fleet, and then the pitch invasion at Twickenham. Without the Filthy Language in front of families it would have been amusing.... As such, all over Social Media, it is not. They won't be hard to track down as the one that invaded the pitch presumably got nicked, then presumably the Jossman will have a view...
It was always going to be Fowl language,It was against chickens;)

He's been named and answered on a few Navy FB groups, even has the pitch invasion pic as his photo.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hmmn, interesting one. Nothing worse than groups of drunken matelots on trains when they start swearing, particularly when there are children or people on their own who may feel threatened/uneasy.

Twickenham has been Twickenham for years and I'm not excusing unruly behaviour or foul language, but rightly or wrongly, I kind of expect it. Maybe we shouldn't expect it but it's not an event I'd personally take children to, simply because there's lots of alcohol involved & I don't think it's a good mix.

Trainer

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hmmn, interesting one. Nothing worse than groups of drunken matelots on trains when they start swearing, particularly when there are children or people on their own who may feel threatened/uneasy.

Twickenham has been Twickenham for years and I'm not excusing unruly behaviour or foul language, but rightly or wrongly, I kind of expect it. Maybe we shouldn't expect it but it's not an event I'd personally take children to, simply because there's lots of alcohol involved & I don't think it's a good mix.
Quite - what goes on at Fleet stays in Fleet, and that would be good if it could be sealed off for a couple of hours. It's the accidental tourist who turns up with his kids who is treated to the adult themed behaviour and the vision of a lady of a certain age having a wee like a Mr Whippy Machine out the back in the trees, as I saw on Saturday.:eek: