Army full, so what job in the Navy?

Hi all. i recently passed selection for the army but have been told i would have to wait up to two years as its full so im now thinking about the navy.

what jobs are good in the navy then? i dont want to join the marines as they dont have that good a reputation and i dont want to do a worthles job like chef or clerk. ive got 4 gcses and my europeen computer driving lisence so i think im better than that. what are your suggestions? thanks.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Try the RAF, they need clowns more than we do.

Ninja_Stoker said:
Current waiting times as at October 2009:

AET 9 MONTHS
NA (AC) 3 MONTHS
CT 18 MONTHS
CIS 12 MONTHS
CIS SM 8 MONTHS
CH 11 MONTHS
CH SM 3 MONTHS
DIVER 24 MONTHS
DSA 12 MONTHS
NA(SE) 18 MONTHS
NN(S) 12 MONTHS
STD 4 MONTHS
STD SM 3 MONTHS
SEA SPEC 18 MONTHS
SA 12 MONTHS
SA SM 4 MONTHS
WS S SM 10 MONTHS
ET (ME) 12 MONTHS
ETME(SM) 4 MONTHS
ET (WE) 20 MONTHS
ETWE(SM) 4 MONTHS
MA 12 MONTHS
MA (SM) 12 MONTHS
WS T SM 24 MONTHS
WS 13 MONTHS
WS HM 24 MONTHS
WS MW 14 MONTHS
WTR 3 MONTHS
WTR SM 3 MONTHS
NA (AH) 24 MONTHS

the RAF are full too. and i dont like there unifrom. they look like bus conducters and there jobs dont look very exiting anyway. if i join as an engineer can i maintain vehicles etc or just ships and aircraft?

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
ET(ME)'s may volunteer to augment RM Vehicle Maintainers in Afghanistan if they wish, but otherwise with it being the Navy and all that, we tend to fix ships & aircraft.

Clown_Puncher said:
Hi all. i recently passed selection for the army but have been told i would have to wait up to two years as its full so im now thinking about the navy.

what jobs are good in the navy then? i dont want to join the marines as they dont have that good a reputation and i dont want to do a worthles job like chef or clerk. ive got 4 gcses and my europeen computer driving lisence so i think im better than that. what are your suggestions? thanks.
ooo do you have a death wish smallie boy?

rosinacarley said:
Clown_Puncher said:

well im trying to join up so im not scared of death, stupid. why?

Clown_Puncher said:
rosinacarley said:
Clown_Puncher said:

well im trying to join up so im not scared of death, stupid. why?
don't you stupid me, vark. You will see, you will see.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Clown_Puncher said:
i was going to join reme but dont want to wait. so what jobs are good then i dont want to be some numbnuts cooking and dishing out pay and stuff.
Most people on would suggest a sideways entry trade such as STC for individuals with similar academic prowess & intelligence.

Ninja_Stoker said:
Clown_Puncher said:
i was going to join reme but dont want to wait. so what jobs are good then i dont want to be some numbnuts cooking and dishing out pay and stuff.
Most people on would suggest a sideways entry trade such as STC for individuals with similar academic prowess & intelligence.
which clearly does not apply here now does it!

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
Ninja_Stoker said:
Clown_Puncher said:
which clearly does not apply here now does it!
Oh, I dunno, I reckon Splash Target Coxswain would be ideal.

sorry i realise that semed a bit disrespectfull. i no that clerks and chefs are important too i take it back. sorry. how long is the wait for stc and what is it.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Clown_Puncher said:
the RAF are full too. and i dont like there unifrom. they look like bus conducters and there jobs dont look very exiting anyway. if i join as an engineer can i maintain vehicles etc or just ships and aircraft?
I'm new here as well but can i ask you a question? Are you fcuking retarded?

Blackrat said:
Clown_Puncher said:
I'm new here as well but can i ask you a question? Are you fcuking retarded?
why for thinking about joining the navy?

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
No. For saying you didn't want to join an arm because of it's uniform. Thinking about it, if it's fetching uniforms and a trade you want, have you heard of the Womens Auxillary Balloon Corps?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0
The_Caretaker Miscellaneous 0
The_Caretaker Land Ops 0