Army full, so what job in the Navy?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Clown_Puncher, Oct 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all. i recently passed selection for the army but have been told i would have to wait up to two years as its full so im now thinking about the navy.

what jobs are good in the navy then? i dont want to join the marines as they dont have that good a reputation and i dont want to do a worthles job like chef or clerk. ive got 4 gcses and my europeen computer driving lisence so i think im better than that. what are your suggestions? thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Try the RAF, they need clowns more than we do.

3. the RAF are full too. and i dont like there unifrom. they look like bus conducters and there jobs dont look very exiting anyway. if i join as an engineer can i maintain vehicles etc or just ships and aircraft?

4. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

What Regiment were you applying for originally mate?

5. Ninja_Stoker

ET(ME)'s may volunteer to augment RM Vehicle Maintainers in Afghanistan if they wish, but otherwise with it being the Navy and all that, we tend to fix ships & aircraft.

6. i was going to join reme but dont want to wait. so what jobs are good then i dont want to be some numbnuts cooking and dishing out pay and stuff.

7. ooo do you have a death wish smallie boy?

8. well im trying to join up so im not scared of death, stupid. why?

9. don't you stupid me, vark. You will see, you will see.

10. well thanks for your help, duh.

11. Ninja_Stoker

Most people on would suggest a sideways entry trade such as STC for individuals with similar academic prowess & intelligence.

12. which clearly does not apply here now does it!

13. Ninja_Stoker

Oh, I dunno, I reckon Splash Target Coxswain would be ideal.

14. sorry i realise that semed a bit disrespectfull. i no that clerks and chefs are important too i take it back. sorry. how long is the wait for stc and what is it.

15. I believe you could be right Ninjie! And there was me thinking that you were always on your best behaviour!

16. Read Ninja's link.

17. Blackrat

I'm new here as well but can i ask you a question? Are you fcuking retarded?

18. That looks like your just trying to wind people up

19. why for thinking about joining the navy?

20. Blackrat

No. For saying you didn't want to join an arm because of it's uniform. Thinking about it, if it's fetching uniforms and a trade you want, have you heard of the Womens Auxillary Balloon Corps?