Army Everest Expedition

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by chieftiff, Apr 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Just thought I would pop a post here to encourage you all to visit this site.

www.armyoneverest.mod.uk/

Despite the thread title and the Army's monopoly of the title there is a bootneck and a crabfat on the main team. I wish these guys all the best of luck and a safe return to blighty on completion of a successful ascent.

2. Yea, me too... Good luck with that..

3. Thought we were short of troops....... Iraq is thattaway boys. Easy life.

4. So how far did you get, the advert looked impressive unlike the climb. Shame what a result that would have been. Shame the RN didn't advertise the Polarquest as well, most civies haven't even heard of it never mind what they did.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

dont reply.

6. Its nice to see that the British spirit of adventure is still alive.
    Mary and her faithful dog Daisy will be making a single push from base camp to the summit along a new, direct line, which as far as is known is previously unclimbed and has a severe, purist beauty to it which is unusual in modern mountaineering on Everest.

[​IMG]

A remarkable woman, her web site at www.mary-woodbridge.co.uk has more information along with two excellent movies showing the team training.

………..