Army Deferral, how much will it go against me?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by OhWhenTheBeans, Jul 15, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Applied for the RN last week, I was just wondering what the situation is for people who've been deferred from the Army selection course?

Without going into too much detail to not give myself away to my potential recruiter who may browse this section, the GCSEs for my first job changed from needing no formal qualifications to a C in English and Maths, which I didn't have. I was absolutely 100% set in stone etc.. that I wanted that job choice and I wouldn't go for anything else, so obviously I was absolutely gutted when I put in all that effort and got told I was unable to have the role I wanted and had a pretty miserable train journey home and never bothered taking it any further.

Months later out of curiosity I looked at the RN and noticed that they offer a similar role, and don't ask for any formal qualifications so naturally I jumped at the chance and applied straight away.

Will something like this stop the recruiter putting me forward?
  2. I don't see why it would if it was out of your control. To be honest I'd say the fact you've applied for a similar job shows commitment.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. As EnglishFish says, can't see how or why it should be a problem.

You deserve to get in anyhow just for coming up with that user name!
    • Like Like x 2