Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Army abuse trial halted

You need to ask after this whether the Army was very upset that the prosecution had fell through or very relieved that their reputation was not going to be dragged through the mud.
The accused will certainly be relieved that their Police were so slipshot in their investigation while the allegedly bullied recruits will have learned the lesson that complaining gets you nothing other than a reputation as pathetic whinger.

As they're supposed to be trained to the same standards as civvy police, one wonders how or why they fu**ed up so badly.

Yep, they are supposed to be trained to the same standard, same principles, similar laws, etc. However, they don't have the same depth of experience - especially when it comes to investigating serious, complex and historic crime.

As they're supposed to be trained to the same standards as civvy police, one wonders how or why they fu**ed up so badly.:eek:

Er, because they have - on ocassion - the same slack standards?

Possibly, but the civvy police are MUCH better at managing (deliberate?) fukcups with subtlety; if one can believe the report, the incompetence shown here was unbelievably crass and obvious. Perhaps senior RMP should go on the senior command course at the National Police College?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what will happen to the named and shamed alleged 'naughty' instructors. We wouldn't want them to be subject to any barrack room justice. Not these days. Oh no.

Its about time Service police were disbanded and all offences were investigated by actual police.

IMHO all criminal acts perpetrated in the UK should be investigated by the civil police. However the Armed Forces do need their own police function when outside the jurisdiction of UK criminal law.

This particular business seems to be the fruit of employing boneheads, but mind you the ordinary plod have form for that.

Re Army abuse. I have just watched (it is on YouTube - search 'the accused') The Accused - Frankie's Story. It is a tragic story of Army bullying, very well written and acted. And a Red Cap gets filled in too!

Bottom line, guy gets bullied, shoots himself, buddy kills bully, buddy goes down.

To an extent, I can see why the initial bullying was done, but it went way over the top, then the CoC did a cover up (as if!)

As they might say, I commend this movie to the House.

Basically, yes. But there are probably quirks to that.
I guess that presents some logistical difficulties. If the offence takes place ashore, then it could be dealt with by the local police.
If onboard the the Ship's office/Executive staff could deal with it as if they are HR. Verbal warnings, written warnings etc. If serious then..... no idea really. A bit of a quandary.

I guess that presents some logistical difficulties. If the offence takes place ashore, then it could be dealt with by the local police.
If onboard the the Ship's office/Executive staff could deal with it as if they are HR. Verbal warnings, written warnings etc. If serious then..... no idea really. A bit of a quandary.
I believe, if anything serious happens onboard then the ships reggies/cox'n initially deal with it whilst SIB get flown out/come onboard. really serious then gets handed over to Civ Pol.

@janner may have better info on this, being ex-plod. I'm just going on what happened on a boat I was on when an SR was found to have an unhealthy interest in children, with downloaded photographic evidence to prove it.

Latest Threads