arms drill music

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 2enjoi2, Dec 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. whats the name of the song played during arms drill at the halt on pass out?

2. Return to Sender..

3. we are sailing

4. Hall of the mountain king.

That would be cooool.

5. I thought it was some dodgy german techno when I was there

6. I'd prefer Foo Fighters 'Pretender'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5mhEqREpKY

Tricky to march to, but I love the psychotic red mist that descends when I listen to it.

7. There is also "lets all do the conga" on some of them

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

9. Links 2-3-4

10. Since your original post the full effects of the defence spending cuts have become known.
    It is with regret that I inform you of the following.
    The RM are now down to one band with one instrument shared between two men/women. There is no same sex discrimination allowed on any instrument. The band must be shared around all commands, so is not necessarily available for all passing out at Raleigh.
    In consequence the following improvisation is laid down in DCI's to allow the pass out to continue in the best manner with limited resources.

Whilst the RM still retains the bandsmen even without instruments the following protocol will be followed.
    Any family member of the passing out class may if they wish bring and play any instrument at the parade providing that :-
    A/ It is within the bounds of acceptable Military curriculum. And
    B/ The bandsmen know the tune as it will be a requirement that they Hum along with the parade staff who will sing.

11. Back in the heady 70s Raleigh used to use the same theme music as a popular TV show, when they taught you to march.
    The theme to Monty Pythons Flying Circus!
    GIs genuinely seemed to not understand the Ministry of Silly Walks response it got :roll:

12. :lol:
    Pembroke played 'Thunderbirds' - okay until, as S&S, we were generally the last platoons marching off, just before they changed pace to allow the Jennies to march ... cue ..... instant chaos !!
    Being in the Advancement platoon and each of us in a different step, did not go down well with the Parade Commander :evil: .... many march pasts later, we finally got to the Instruction class ...... Bossman not happy !!

:lol:

anyway, in answer to the original Q ..... didn't they steal the arms drill for the movie 'Stripes' ...... :wink: