Armed Forces to trial laser weapons for the first time

Dusty70

War Hero

Armed Forces to trial laser weapons for the first time​

British Army and Royal Navy will mount high-tech weapons on Wolfhound vehicle and Type-23 frigate, with aim of full capabilities in 10 years

Cobblers - was trialled on Londonderry's quarterdeck in 1979, cos I saw it - I also think she was fitted with water jets instead of props.

Also wasn't one of the Type 22s poodling around with a laser on the bridge top ??

Ballistic

War Hero

British Army and Royal Navy will mount high-tech weapons on Wolfhound vehicle and Type-23 frigate, with aim of full capabilities in 10 years

Cobblers - was trialled on Londonderry's quarterdeck in 1979, cos I saw it - I also think she was fitted with water jets instead of props.

Also wasn't one of the Type 22s poodling around with a laser on the bridge top ??
Have you got a link please Dusty?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
They had anti aircraft lasers donkey's years ago, but some boring convention banned them - as I recall. An expensive version of shining a laser pointer into the pilot's eyes.

NotLost

Midshipman

Yes, Brazen had one on each bridge wing, fitted whilst at Diego Garcia 1983/84. It was quite primitive I believe it was called a distraction device.

Waspie

War Hero
Sure they experimented with laser tech when I was in.
About the same time the soviets had a anti aircraft laser system code named ‘Tin Man’ (I think).
New!!!! Methinks not!!!!
Affordable now - possibly!!!