Armed Forces Pay Award

Just noticed a difference between the published figures on the pay review document from the governement Pay review 2018 and the documents in the links above from the Forces Pension Society page. For myself being OR7 Level 4 (Red arse I know) there is a difference of 0.9%. This is interesting becuase in the document we are told it's a 2.9% pay increase across the board but then on the news, NOT in the document it was advertised that we would receive a 1 off payment of 0.9%. I can only presume that this 1 off payment is ontop of the pay charts in the Forces pension society document, and this actually adds up to the government published one? This means that next year, if we are lucky enough to receive another "pay rise" it will actually be smaller than it seems as we have earned more this year than we would normally? Also the 0.9% is literally a bonus that does not count towards our pensions. All a little naughty really and confusing to say the least. It will be interesting to see the paystatements and how the back pay to April and the 0.9% bonus is worked out and the amount of tax we will all pay extra. They love to tinker these MP's!

Attachments

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Just noticed a difference between the published figures on the pay review document from the governement Pay review 2018 and the documents in the links above from the Forces Pension Society page. For myself being OR7 Level 4 (Red arse I know) there is a difference of 0.9%. This is interesting becuase in the document we are told it's a 2.9% pay increase across the board but then on the news, NOT in the document it was advertised that we would receive a 1 off payment of 0.9%. I can only presume that this 1 off payment is ontop of the pay charts in the Forces pension society document, and this actually adds up to the government published one? This means that next year, if we are lucky enough to receive another "pay rise" it will actually be smaller than it seems as we have earned more this year than we would normally? Also the 0.9% is literally a bonus that does not count towards our pensions. All a little naughty really and confusing to say the least. It will be interesting to see the paystatements and how the back pay to April and the 0.9% bonus is worked out and the amount of tax we will all pay extra. They love to tinker these MP's!
Precisely.

Then there are those who seem to think it is a marvellous breakthrough.

Effectively, you can deduct the 0.9% from next years pay award whenever it is announced. Smoke & mirrors.

Yes, I was trying to explain it to my wife, so if we went onto 1% next year that would actually be 0.1%. I'm going on strike..... :)

I should have looked arder in the forums for this apologies, I just saw this this post and I had only just been looking at the pay scales when I realised they are different.

Last edited: