Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Review

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by defenceheadquarters, Oct 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Do injured Service personnel get paid the right compensation? Official Independent Review seeks your views.

Members of the public and Service personnel can now submit their views on how the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme should compensate for injury, illness or death caused by service.

The views will be taken into account as part of a widespread and thorough review into the scheme, which is being chaired by former Chief of the Defence Staff Admiral The Lord Boyce.

This was posted by the Ministry of Defence. More information here.
  2. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Do you read the papers or watch the news or current affairs progammes in cloud cuckoo land? People get more in civvie street for breaking a leg than our lads get for losing one. And as for facilities - laughable. Why do you think help for heroes was set up? The fact that you need to ask this question speaks volumes.
  3. Blackrat

I think this one needs a bump.
  4. We'd just like to make clear when we say this is an 'independent review' that this is an independently chaired, MOD review.

(And 'bump')
  5. Blackrat

Okey doke. Understood. Lets hope the MoD actually do something at the findings this time instead of making lame excuses about this that and the other. It doesn't matter that a lot of these injuries could have be avoided if the chaps had the correct equipment in the first place.

I'm not banging on at you DHQ but at the shitty system that we have had to put up with for decades.

It's just as well we are the best Army/Navy and dare i say it, Air Force in the world. Any other "Super" power would have rolled over years ago. I may be banging on about this but having been on the front line and seen what this sort of thing is like, it is something close to my heart. Considering the shit money received by service personnel, compensation should be as generous as possible. Maybe these reviewers should go out and witness the crack and thump for themselves, or try calming someone who has been shot and is screaming the place down while the medic is doing his/her best. They would change their bloody tune then. Remfs.

Rant over. (Now BREATH)
  6. It doesn't inspire confidence that an MP who looses their seat at the next General Election will get significantly greater compensation than a servicemen, who looses a limb and who faces a lifetime of disadvantage from disability and the widespread employment discrimination faced by disabled people.
  7. Blackrat

My point exactly. Fecking MP's who have been taking the piss with money!! Well, i suppose they are making all important decisions about the state of our country so fair play to them. Tossers.