Arma 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by lw1984, Jul 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yea i have it mate, the online gaming is good, i cant play with all the settings high but it still runs good enough for me. Be warned its not a shooter like call of duty it can be very slow and very long winded sometimes but overroll its a good game. Just try it and see for your self.

2. yeah, it looks the sort of thing im after. im not a big fan of the whole COD thing. but arma looks pretty awesome. gotta say i think the graphics are the best ive seen from a game. what sort of system you running it on?

3. Im on a laptop with a go7950gtx, 2gig of ram and a duo core cpu, so its a couple of years old and its playing well on med graphics settings.

4. on line is good

5. i noticed theyve got a load of mods as well if you dont fancy playing as some redneck you can download the british armed forces pack...

i will be investing in a new pc very soon and i think a copy of this..

6. As i said it plays well enough on my laptop but i have totone down the settings, so i will be investing or build a desktop once i have some money. I want to build a rig that can handle crysis on max settings as i have had that game for a while but i really want to see what the fuss is about.

7. i got the game yesturday uploaded it , fiddled with the settings etc. only to find it runs slow even on low , my comp has everything above expected except the graphics card. i got a n-vidia 8500 gt , the optimum recommended is 8800 gtx.

ive also heard from other people that there game is running slow, and they said it would be fixed when patches come out

8. Well i have a go7950gtx, it runs on everything on normal, its runs ok, but even on my brothers comp he has a sli 290gpu and a i7cpu and it crashes on him now and again, im sure they will be releasing more patches soon as the game is so unstable.

9. Got this today

Running Windows 7 on an ATI Radeon HD4850 1GB, AMD Athlon 64 7750 x2 2.7GHz, 4GB RAM and it' great. A little tricky to get the hang of though.

10. I have the demo. The game looks aweomse with TrackIR 5. There is quite a lot I dislike about it though. The controls seems hard to use (compared to like BF2), i dislike being a blackbird after dying. I dislike how tanks can snipe you out of an apache gunship from miles away and there is quite a few glitches with it.

I think they should re-release it for Christmas, or atleast patch the hell out of it.

11. The patches have fixed most of that and the bakbird thing only happens on some multiplayer modes.

12. Ah thats good to know. im just playing the demo and then everyone on MP died and was like "WTF! HAHHA THIS IS CRAP" etc.

13. Yeah, try the domination or CTI games.