Ark Royal Scooters

Hello, does anyone have any information regarding the use of Piaggio Vespa Scooters on the Ark Royal during the mid 80's . I believe they were fitted with a side car frame carrying a tool box and used by engineers on the flight deck.

Thank You.

slim

War Hero
I rode one at Lossiemouth when I was a sprog. i was the control tower messenger. Started with just a Vespa scooter and then managed to acquire a espa with box sidecar. great fun until one day I took a corner too fast and the scooter wheel lifted and I lost control. That would have nbeen no problem but I happened to hit a brand new three day old Tilly.
MTO was a two ringer called Gunter, a real bstrd, luckilly I managed to talk myself out of the sh!t

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
I rode one at Lossiemouth when I was a sprog. i was the control tower messenger. Started with just a Vespa scooter and then managed to acquire a espa with box sidecar. great fun until one day I took a corner too fast and the scooter wheel lifted and I lost control. That would have nbeen no problem but I happened to hit a brand new three day old Tilly.
MTO was a two ringer called Gunter, a real bstrd, luckilly I managed to talk myself out of the sh!t
Bernard George finished his time at Lossie upsetting them there for which he was awarded a MBE. He died a few years ago.

ratsroden

Lantern Swinger
Hello, does anyone have any information regarding the use of Piaggio Vespa Scooters on the Ark Royal during the mid 80's . I believe they were fitted with a side car frame carrying a tool box and used by engineers on the flight deck.

Thank You.
1978 Piaggio Vespa 150 Super scooter Royal Navy reg 00RN471978 for sale on Ebay