Ark Royal in refit

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by rwilliams_006, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi im just wondering if anyone can asnwer me whether or not the newer stokers on board the HMS Ark Royal will be drafted to other ships such as mine counter measure vessels, as a permanent measure whilst the ship is in refit because it will be there for a good while. Thank you x

2. Also how long do mine counter measure vessels stay at sea for?

3. Sorry I am not in the drafting office.

I think you would be well advised to give them a call, as the answers you get on here will be funny and entertaining, but not very factual...

4. Thanks PINCH but can anyone else give any factual advise then? x

5. Yes, I can`t.

6. It all depends if it's gone into full refit. How much of the ship is under dockies control. I'm only talking from experience mind you.

Most of the ships company will still be require to be working on board as there is many things that are required to be done.

When the gleaming G was in refit in Guzz I was loaned to the fighting G for two weeks during the refit but I was a dabber. All the stokers including the new stokers remained on the Glasgow.

However I with topmast or whatever they may call it nowadays they might loan draft them to other vessels during the refit time.

As for the muppets time at sea again that will depend on the ships programme. They may be out of base port for a while or they may not be out of base port for very long. I don't know the squadrons current requirements I'm afraid

7. So behind the times Tommo! Topmast is out, Project Fisher is in!

As for rwilliams_006 surely refit is the best time for new stokers to learn about the ship? Should be taskbooktastic!

8. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Why would you ask these questions when you don't join the navy until May?

9. I didn't think it would still be Topmast but I should've guessed it wouldn't still be going as it never worked when I was in (just my experience)

What exactly is project fisher as in how does it work?

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

"Don't tell him, Pike!"

[​IMG]

11. Lol thanks SPB

Don't tell me PF is just a bite I've fallen for lol

12. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Need to know basis only, I'm afraid... :wink:

[​IMG]

13. Thanks for that SPB although found info on tinterweb a bit about it :D

14. Why is ARK in for a refit? It's kept in a constant state of newness!!

15. Aren't you joining as a CT?

16. I think her bloke is a stoker

17. Guys its not for me its for a friend on the ark

18. lol your correct tommo