ARK ROYAL CREW - HELP NEEDED

Hello
My name is Ella, I'm 10 and have just moved up to Sea Scouts in the Ark Royal section. To be fully invested, I have to get a few facts about the Ark Royal and thought that some ex-crew may be able to help?

If there are any facts that aren't well known, I would be really happy.

Thank you! Ella.

Oops - crossed post. Ella's dad here. Thanks for the prompt response, but she's trying to avoid obvious sources like Wikipedia and get some 'inside' facts that aren't well known (i.e. the big red button marked 'launch' actually flushed the loo's).

Thanks again.

Oops - crossed post. Ella's dad here. Thanks for the prompt response, but she's trying to avoid obvious sources like Wikipedia and get some 'inside' facts that aren't well known (i.e. the big red button marked 'launch' actually flushed the loo's).

Thanks again.
I thought that was confidential!!!!!

I have the Ark Royal Newsletter somewhere from the Outback Trip that tells you loads of facts about the trip, how many sausages were eaten, how much fresh water was produced.......etc

If I can find it I'll scan the pages.

Sumo

War Hero
Which Ark Royal are you after info on?

Five ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Ark Royal:

Which Ark Royal are you after info on?

Five ships of the Royal Navy have borne the name HMS Ark Royal:

I would hazard a guess that she's after the last one. I can't imagine many crew members of the first two on Wikipedia's list still being alive.

History due to large volumes of writing was not a favoured subject of mine, but a few on here do appear to have good naval historical knowledge, if they google or not I have no idea?