Argh

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Zoidberg, Apr 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know all I can do is wait, but why on Earth must a medical referall take so long? :cry:

I could go down to Portsmouth, be in and out of the SMO's office in 5 minutes, and come home in the same day!

I'd pay for it myself, obviously. Why oh why isn't it an option? :cry:

/whine and moan

2. That was a rhetorical question. I know exactly why it isn't an option...I just really wanted to rant again.

3. Because it isn't ... obviously.

Probably the usual overstretch in pussers medical services to blame.

SF

4. I understand that they have had a lot of cases referred to them recently and that they are very short-staffed. There has been an increase in the number of potential candidates coming into the AFCOs of late and so, statistically, there will be more medical referrals.

5. Those on the list ahead of you have been waiting just as long as you.
    The 'option' of paying for and then tipping up for your own special appointment would wreak havoc with an already overstretched system. That's why it's not offered.
    Be patient. The Navy will still be there when your time comes and believe it or not they might just be able to cope until you get to wear a Blue suit.

6. Aye, I know. It's just doing my nut in.

I've been told it could be instant, or it could be a "few months". The main problem I have is a personal one. I've been avoiding visiting my dad because I know if I do, he'll ask me what I'm upto and then I'll have to tell him. As it stands now, I'm not technically lying to him; I'm just being economical with the truth.

Oh well; always look on the bright side. It's character building ;)

And it'll give me more time to work on phys.