Arfur Daley Advice

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Lingyai, Jun 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Here's the dilemma and any advice would be appreciated.
    I have a SAAB 93 motor sat in my garage on the Barbican in Guzz and I am seeing myself off by not renting out my garage. The thing is, I have never sold a motor, I always part exchanged in the past. I know I probably wouldn't get a great deal of money for it but it is in good nick.
    I hate to see it go but needs must.
    Question is, I only visit UK for a few weeks at a time and spread myself between mates and kin folk so what do you think is the quickest way to get rid of it?
    Preferably not abandoning it or having it nicked by chavs.

2. Have you thought about 'e' bay? Doesn't cost that much and if you have a look at similar cars on there it will give you an idea on price to charge. You could always set a reserve price.

Cheers
    Nav Yeo

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'm with Navyeo, stick it on ebay, all you'll need is someone in guz to hand over the keys etc when it's sold and it wont matter where you are in the world as you can monitor the sale via your computer. I haven't sold anything on ebay but I have a mate who sells shite loads, I can find out the "ins and outs" of it if you want.

4. I posted about e bay on the other thread.Go for it,stick a reserve on there and see what happens.

5. Cheers Dudes,
    I never even thought of ebay, just had a butchers and got a price idea already.
    Nice one.
    Ling

6. Trade it in for one of these Ling :D

[​IMG]

Mrs Ling will be so proud :)