Area Manager - Weapons (permanent position)

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by Pompey, Apr 20, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am a Recruitment Consultant in Portsmouth looking for an Area Manager for my client. the role will be to manage multi-disciplined teams in the installation of ship wide weapons compartments / areas and associated electrical / hull / mechanical systems. Reporting directly to the Ship Manager, you will be repsonsible for Team leaders, Charge Hands, Leading Hands, Trade and Ancillary staff in various environments (electrical, mechanical, paint, insulation and paint). You will ensure all work targets are met (program times, budgets, quality etc...), manage health and safety issues, contol absenteeism and coordinate and manage changes within the project.
    A good knowledge of Shipbuilding is required with an electrical / weapon installation bias with preferably a relevant 'trade' qualification or a served apprenticeship. You will be a strong and driven Manager with excellent communication and administration skills and have a proven track record in leading multi-disciplined teams.
    It is a permanent role in Portsmouth, paying £35,000 per annum.

Please PM me if interested.

Thanks in advance.