Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Are you serving or retired

Are you still in the RN or Not.

  • Serving under 30 years old

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serving, between 30 and 50 years old

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ex RN, under 30

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ex RN under 50

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ex Rn over 50

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not Ex Services just interested

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    824
What's the purpose of the poll?
It doesn't include spouses and former spouses.
Served 16 years, I asked for compassionate discharge when I discovered the ex was mooring his yacht in someone else's marina. lol
 
17 year from 85, loved it until PC and slipping standards made me disillusioned. Love civvy life but work is pretty similar to the mob but without the crap parts. All in all though, can look back with fond memories. Some great life long oppos.
 
A_J_just_A_J said:
What's the purpose of the poll?
It doesn't include spouses and former spouses.
Served 16 years, I asked for compassionate discharge when I discovered the ex was mooring his yacht in someone else's marina. lol

Its what the Not ex services just interested box covers
 
The purpose of the poll was to see how many RN types are here and why arent they, or indeed others posting stuff, the poll so far indicates a number of 54,out of 1107 to date,is it the same 54 posting all the time?What has to be done to get people , young and old posting?As ive mentioned before,are they afraid of the PC brigade,or who may be watching?well try Diamond lils ,say what the * you like ,but get posting ,i know its early days,but my garden weeds grow faster.Start taking the p**s out of me if you like,but DO SOMETHING.
 
Left after 14 years, 'cause I was young and stupid. Ganges 62 then small ships until draft to Hermes, life never was the same so I bailed out. Looking back I wish I had stayed, but life had some great times ahead for me so no regrets. :roll:
 
higthepig said:
The purpose of the poll was to see how many RN types are here and why arent they, or indeed others posting stuff, the poll so far indicates a number of 54,out of 1107 to date,is it the same 54 posting all the time?What has to be done to get people , young and old posting?As ive mentioned before,are they afraid of the PC brigade,or who may be watching?well try Diamond lils ,say what the * you like ,but get posting ,i know its early days,but my garden weeds grow faster.Start taking the p**s out of me if you like,but DO SOMETHING.

PML my you're an impatient bod. :wink:
Does it matter whether it's 54 or 1,004? As long as those 54 keep posting I can't see the problem. Not everyone feels the need to post, it's the same on any forum. As for 'say what you like' personally I prefer quality over quantity any day. I prefer posts that inspire debate or laughter and not contain loads of cuss words. Opinions, even those that don't agree with mine, are better if they don't contain personal abuse toward the person with the differing opinion. So, it doesn't matter if it's only 54 who post as long as they contribute positively to the forums. Amen. lol
 
lesbryan said:
I think you are right aj people can do without cursing and personal innuendos thrown at people in the name of fun or otherwise :D

Lesbryan

I am not sure if you are of Mess Deck or Bunhouse background but I never lived in/on any mess, junior or senior rates, where cursing and personal innuendos were not part of even the most serious discussion.

But then I am old and its 2006 perhaps people are of a softer skin and larger ego of self worth than in my distant day.

Perhaps a discussion on ground rules should be started.

My Ego and self worth are summed up in a name given to me by a chap in Thailand on another forum. "The Eternal OD". Thats about me.

Nutty
 
janner said:
AJ could we lose the bold print please.

No, janner. If I wasn't supposed to have a personal CHOICE I wouldn't have been given one by the board on the forums. I choose to use bold and as I'm not abusing any forum rules, or netiquette, I will continue to use it. Thanks
A J
 
A_J_just_A_J said:
janner said:
AJ could we lose the bold print please.

No, janner. If I wasn't supposed to have a personal CHOICE I wouldn't have been given one by the board on the forums. I choose to use bold and as I'm not abusing any forum rules, or netiquette, I will continue to use it. Thanks
A J

Why?
 
Joined '66 did 9 years and had a great time and more to the point had some

first class oppo's on various ships, which you can't find in civvy street.

But even back then things were changing.

Been there, done it ,and wore the t-shirt
 
Yes its 2006 and i am getting on a bit having said that we are not now in the mob.Many a ship as gone across that warer since you and i left .some of us grow up some stay as they are or rather try to albeit in vane.you aer not 15 16 at ganges or a young rating pissing it up everywhere you go you are getting old .so like me get old gracefully everyone cant be like you |||||||.It just would not do if they were
 
Joined in 1994 as a young 16 year old junior, the only one in the mob at the time. Left in 2000, a man with a life times worth of experiences under my belt, left to spend more time with my young family. I made the choice between career and family it was a hard choice and one I've questioned many times since leaving. However now 6 years later things are improving just completed my A levels and have a place on a degree cause in October Ive also landed a job as teaching assistant so In a sense I'm on my way to my aim of becoming a teacher. As a career nowadays I would hesitate to recommend the Mob to anyone for life but if the idea takes hold you owe it to yourself to try it , in terms of life experiance you cant beat it and you'll always be wondering what if.
 

Latest Threads

New Posts

Top