Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Are you serving or retired

Are you still in the RN or Not.

• Serving under 30 years old

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serving, between 30 and 50 years old

• Ex RN, under 30

• Ex RN under 50

• Ex Rn over 50

• Not Ex Services just interested

• Total voters
Interesting, around 250 views of the thread, only 26 have bothered to make an entry into the poll, even allowing for some of us visiting the thread several times its a low poll turnout.

Ex RN. Did 12 years and came out on notice in '90.
Enjoyed my first 9, then when I re-engaged, they stuck me in a crane at Coulport for 2 years, then gave me a Guzz based ship, so I said "Phuque ye!"
I'd still do it again, though.

Did 24 years from 71 to 95 , loved it at time , but love it outside now , and agree far to much PC , don't think i could handle it now , :roll: :lol:

Let me back in!!! :lol: I can't cope with daylight, like the fresh air though! I miss being in a confined space, clambering up and down ladders and the comradeship. All I ask is a Joss-free navy!

The only bit I would definately NOT want to do again was go to Ganges :cry: : so I'd say join at 16 and go to Raleigh. :)

Did almost 25 years, 1967 to 1991 - JRO to CRS, some in boats but otherwise a mixture of ship-types. Glad I did it, and if I were 16/17 now I'd do it again. However, I'm 54 and I'm not sure I'd handle all the changes.

I do think the equipment, ships, pay and conditions seem to be better nowadays. Can't comment on discipline as I've had nothing to do with the RN since 1991 - but then, I was an OD most of my career anyway!

Joined in 85 when we still had a few ships, Leanders, Counties, 21s etc etc.

Due out in a couple of years and although I've enjoyed it, it's probably a good time to go. :)

17 years, left because the ex got a hump on when I was drafted (me too because some USN 2 1/2 signed my draft chit, and the Capt Office didn't see the difference in the name ( :? :x )
Regret leaving sometimes, as does my old dad, and he's 85!!

Latest Threads