Are you an Officer/NCO/Rating, etc (1:naval survey)?

What rank are you?

• Serving Naval NCO

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Serving Naval Rating

• Retired Naval Officer

• Retired Naval NCO

• Retired Rating

• Only completed Basic training, then left

• Discharged during training for other reasons

• Discharged during service (not retired)

• Total voters
I thought it might be interesting to establish what percentage of Rum Ration's users are Officers, which are NCOs, which are Ratings, etc... So here goes...

higthepig said:
Whats a Naval NCO, do you mean senior rate? or has that changed?

Oops :oops:

I meant SR's of course. Unfortunately once you've published a poll you cannot amend it so mistakes remain permentatly embedded!

Ghost_Rider

Lantern Swinger
NozzyNozzer said:
higthepig said:
Whats a Naval NCO, do you mean senior rate? or has that changed?

Oops :oops:

I meant SR's of course. Unfortunately once you've published a poll you cannot amend it so mistakes remain permentatly embedded!
You should be able to edit it if you want to... simply edit your original post in this thread, then scroll down below the text box and edit away!

Any problems, let me know and I'll do it for you!

Ghostie

sorry not sure were to stick me tick, I was discharged from RN during training, but I'm now a PO in the Sea cadets. I take it the SCC don't count?!

well up untill now I've been made to feel very welcome cheers. Like I said just thought you could have a connected to the forces in another way. After all if it wasn't for the SCC the Navy would have an even bigger recruitment problem than it has now

dunkers

War Hero
Sorry I didn't mean it to sound like that, I am in the Sea Cadets also (on the UMC) but find that mentioning it gets you a lot of stick sometimes.
Just trying to help you avoid getting that yourself you see :lol:

trust me, having grown up a bootneck brat, then worked for NAAFI for 5 years, these guys are pussy cats compared to what I've come across in the forces

I've come across the SCC forum before, but to be honest I wouldn't join it, while I'm proud of volunteering there I find alot of the people who do a bit well ummm sad. Might be different at yours but most ether have nothing to talk about apart from cadets, have one bit bitch fest about other members of staff or are just living thier lifes through their kids.

Like one of my few mates with in the corp said to me the other day, whats more pointless us turning up every week to teach them somthing they will never use or them turning up each week to learn it. School you've got no choice.

That and I don't want to amit to my CO he might get a phone call that I joined an on line web site for SCC cus the shite he'd give me would be unbearable

Still none of the above, Acting/SR that took my discharge as time served, 9 year after the age of 18, plus Juniors time 2 years and 10 months. Never retired, never got any pension.

Nutty

I often wonder if any civvies join things like this. You know, Naval wannabe types. Also NAAFI staff/ex NAFFI staff. People, who are proud Royal Naval Reservists.

Where do I fit in?

Ex Air Training Corps, RN 23 years, now an RNR type?? lol!

Ghost_Rider

Lantern Swinger
asst_dep_to_dep_asst said:
Is this an anonymous survey?
All survey results are presented purely as a set of statistics. Your vote will not be attributable to you, nor will your name appear anywhere on the site as having chosen any specific option.

Ghostie

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L NCO or and Officer? The Corps 5
N Are you an Officer/NCO/Civillian, etc (2:other survey)? Site Issues 8
J Intelligence Officer Lifestyle and Questions Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Officer academic requirements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
T Officer or Rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
N Joining as a Warfare Officer submarine v surface Joining the Royal Navy 4
Y Logistics Officer RFA 2
S Employment Opportunities and Qualifications for Warfare Intelligence Officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
S RN Diving Officer The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS Richard Irvine appointed as UK’s Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for Asda Stores Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for TJ Morris Limited MoD News 0
Z Logistics Officer Training RFA 4
CiviPilot Deferring University Entry Waiting for Officer Application? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Publications Officer (Apprentice) MoD News 0
I marine engineering officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
I Officer Near Visual Acuity for Category 1 or 2 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
I Good routes for RNR GE Officer Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 2
MoD_RSS Charity Commission appoints Nick Baker as new Chief Operating Officer MoD News 0
C Warfare Intelligence Officer Joining the Royal Navy 2
C Application referred to senior medical officer. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Information on RFA Cadet Officer (Deck) course RFA 6
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Investigation Support Officer, Southampton MoD News 0
T Systems Engineer Officer Training and Beyond RFA 2
MoD_RSS Magnox announces new Chief Operating Officer MoD News 0
F Possible Rejoin - SE Officer opportunities RFA 1
L Hydrographic and Meterology Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
C Weapons engineer Officer application (submariner) Joining the Royal Navy 1
S Air Engineering Officer or Hydrographer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 47
L Joining as Officer but undecided, need helping choosing Joining the Royal Navy 25
MoD_RSS New Permanent Secretary at the Cabinet Office and Chief Operating Officer for the Civil Service MoD News 0
H Army JNCO to Navy Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
P Join as a Rating or Officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
K Officer Recruitment rejected because of GCSEs? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 23
R Officer entry, bad A levels but have a foundation degree Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
SeaBiscuit RFA Officer Cadet Interview and AIB RFA 1
T Officer Inreview Questions Pre-AIB Joining the Royal Navy 2
N Intelligence Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
K Qualifications required to become a Warfare Officer, i.e UCAS Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS Chief Medical Officer for England announces four further coronavirus cases MoD News 0
S Medical reviewed by senior medical officer Joining the Royal Navy 2
D Warfare Officer AIB Feb 2020 Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 18
MoD_RSS British Officer takes command of Gulf maritime security mission MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Officer awarded first Chief Firearms Instructor’s coin MoD News 0
B RN Officer RT Tests Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Spiced Buoy Leadership oppertunities before joining as officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
T Advice on officer or rating please Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 15
MoD_RSS Guidance on bailiff and enforcement officer scam MoD News 0
D Training Management officer query Joining the Royal Navy 0
D TMO/Logistics Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2