Are you an Officer/NCO/Rating, etc (1:naval survey)?

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by NozzyNozzer, Jun 15, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Serving Naval Officer

2. Serving Naval NCO

0 vote(s)
  3. Serving Naval Rating

0 vote(s)
  4. Retired Naval Officer

0 vote(s)
  5. Retired Naval NCO

0 vote(s)
  6. Retired Rating

0 vote(s)
  7. Only completed Basic training, then left

0 vote(s)
  8. Discharged during training for other reasons

0 vote(s)
  9. Discharged during service (not retired)

0 vote(s)
  1. I thought it might be interesting to establish what percentage of Rum Ration's users are Officers, which are NCOs, which are Ratings, etc... So here goes...
  2. Can we have Officers etc from other forces added in? I think we have a good few pongos on here.
  3. dumb questin but does discharged during service mean you put your notice in?
  4. Hi Capt-Ahab, the answer is yes, but it had to go in a seperate survey as the poll feature prevents you from posting too many questions in one survey. My apologies. Please visit the site below for the other survey...

5. It can do.
  6. Whats a Naval NCO, do you mean senior rate? or has that changed?
  7. ex PO , 11 years ago now , don't know where the past 11 years have gone :roll: :lol:

8. Oops :oops:

I meant SR's of course. Unfortunately once you've published a poll you cannot amend it so mistakes remain permentatly embedded!
  9. You should be able to edit it if you want to... simply edit your original post in this thread, then scroll down below the text box and edit away!

Any problems, let me know and I'll do it for you!

10. sorry not sure were to stick me tick, I was discharged from RN during training, but I'm now a PO in the Sea cadets. I take it the SCC don't count?!
  11. Not on this site no, but you might be interested in
  12. well up untill now I've been made to feel very welcome cheers. Like I said just thought you could have a connected to the forces in another way. After all if it wasn't for the SCC the Navy would have an even bigger recruitment problem than it has now
  13. Sorry I didn't mean it to sound like that, I am in the Sea Cadets also (on the UMC) but find that mentioning it gets you a lot of stick sometimes.
    Just trying to help you avoid getting that yourself you see :lol:
  14. trust me, having grown up a bootneck brat, then worked for NAAFI for 5 years, these guys are pussy cats compared to what I've come across in the forces

I've come across the SCC forum before, but to be honest I wouldn't join it, while I'm proud of volunteering there I find alot of the people who do a bit well ummm sad. Might be different at yours but most ether have nothing to talk about apart from cadets, have one bit bitch fest about other members of staff or are just living thier lifes through their kids.

Like one of my few mates with in the corp said to me the other day, whats more pointless us turning up every week to teach them somthing they will never use or them turning up each week to learn it. School you've got no choice.

That and I don't want to amit to my CO he might get a phone call that I joined an on line web site for SCC cus the shite he'd give me would be unbearable
  15. Fair enough mate.
  16. Still none of the above, Acting/SR that took my discharge as time served, 9 year after the age of 18, plus Juniors time 2 years and 10 months. Never retired, never got any pension.

17. I often wonder if any civvies join things like this. You know, Naval wannabe types. Also NAAFI staff/ex NAFFI staff. People, who are proud Royal Naval Reservists.

Where do I fit in?

Ex Air Training Corps, RN 23 years, now an RNR type?? lol!
  18. Is this an anonymous survey?
  19. All survey results are presented purely as a set of statistics. Your vote will not be attributable to you, nor will your name appear anywhere on the site as having chosen any specific option.