Are you allowed to use spray starch when ironing kit?

allyballybee

Badgeman
I have strongly encouraged oldest son to practice ironing before he goes to Raleigh; he has been let loose on his brothers' school shirts with very variable results and much cursing. I keep a can of spray starch and use it occasionally on dress shirts etc., it really gives a lovely finish but is it allowed during training? I suppose if he turns up with some and it isn't they will just chuck it... Does anyone have recent knowledge of this?

allyballybee

Badgeman
Yeah, sorry Big O D, I did google first and saw some posts from a while ago discussing this and there seemed to be some debate, ie. it used to be allowed but wasn't any more but this might vary depending on who was in charge...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS Rental e-scooter trials to be allowed from this weekend MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SQPs temporarily allowed to prescribe and authorise supply of veterinary medicines remotely MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Win for British farm as cabbages allowed into Malaysia MoD News 0
slim Anyone should be allowed to 'identify' as black regardless of the colour of their skin or background, say university leaders Current Affairs 16
M Moustaches- are they now allowed? The Quarterdeck 6
Captain Birdseye How many times are you allowed to apply? Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Press release: Garage bosses allowed disqualified director to run company MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Cockwells Nursery landowner allowed waste hoard which caught fire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Speech: The use of chemical weapons cannot be allowed to go unchallenged MoD News 0
A Allowed leave to go on Expedition? Joining the Royal Navy 0
D What personal possessions am I allowed Submariners 20
N Are you allowed to post letters from HMS Raleigh? Current Affairs 1
Submarinerjoey Countries you are allowed to visit on leave Submariners 10
BristolBastard Women soldiers could be allowed to join combat roles Current Affairs 101
soleil Mail: "RN Lt Who Accidentally Allowed Yacht To Collide With Tanker Faces Fine+Costs" Sports and Adventure Training 34
C Am i allowed in RN with asthma Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
SONAR-BENDER 'Not allowed' to accept a medal by FO Current Affairs 0
M Submariners not allowed to transfer to GS? Submariners 10
frogman007 WRNS "allowed" to join the diving branch The Quarterdeck 102
M Will Medals be allowed to be worn?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
K aircrew allowed laser eye surgery? Health & Fitness 5
Andrew_1980 Nippers allowed on Lusty during Liverpool visit (Oct) ?? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 48
stimps Why matelots shouldn't be allowed to touch buttons Diamond Lil's 11
T Should public sector workers be allowed to do two jobs? Diamond Lil's 6
drewfester Not allowed to post on RR Diamond Lil's 24
C gurkhas are allowed to settle in britain. Current Affairs 5
finknottle Should he be allowed or not? Current Affairs 24
A I shouldn't have been allowed a punt Current Affairs 9
F Should the Police Force be allowed to strike? The Gash Barge 11
UncleAlbert Are we grown up enough to be allowed to discuss Iran. here? Diamond Lil's 216
slim Schools allowed to ban face veils The Quarterdeck 7
creddly Are you allowed to Phone AFCO about information? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
fishmiester Is this allowed / legal The Quarterdeck 18
soleil Bristol Evening Post: "Vandals spray graffiti on RN Graves" Current Affairs 1
soleil "Police use pepper spray on ex-booty masquerading as an elf" The Corps 5