Are Walts getting younger?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Ninja_Stoker, Mar 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Just spotted this, which may interest some:

If the facts are true, then it would appear that Walts are getting younger:

2. If the bloke on the forum is telling the truth, then I would report it to the authorities. In any case, "seeing active service"in any op theatre is no excuse to start beating the sh*te out of your other half or kick a matlot to death. Cough cough.
    The courts of the 50s never gave out lighter sentences for World War Two vets, its all part of the blame someone/something else other than myself culture in this country.
  3. I agree with the first part of this paragraph of your post.
    However I'd like you to explain, if you can, your second statement.
    As no Royals have been convicted of such an offence and as the recent case involving several RMs collapsed when it transpired that the matelot in question apparently had some part in starting the altercation and that the Royal who did land a single blow was merely defending himself.
    Stop the BS.
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Agreed. One wonders whether someone will.

For those with nothing constructive to say on a completely separate issue, the top tip is to zip it, for fear of coming across as a completely ill-informed individual.
  5. Maybe so, but if I ever get hauled into court under suspiscion of commmiting a violent crime whilst paralytically drunk, I wouldnt use the "it was my experiences on herrick" excuse. Mainly because drinking too much on a night out and then loosing your temper has little to do with PTSD. It is trivialising a very difficult and musunderstood condition.
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Please bugger off and ruin someone else's thread by spamming it with your hypothosis on an unrelated issue.
  7. Agreed.
  8. As your comments trivialise and foster misunderstandings about RMs.
  9. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Interesting thread NS, as are some of the comments. It's a known fact that a lot of mitigation in court is a load of old flannel but this takes the biscuit to be honest. Back to your question, is there an age limit for walting?
  10. Under 16's may have a problem unless they are walting as cadets?
  11. Ninja_Stoker

Good point. :lol:

It's an interesting issue, as it's the first alleged case of walting that I'm aware of, which involves criminal activity beyond the claim of impersonating a serviceperson. Is the defence solicitor negligent for not verifying the mitigation?
  12. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

My experience is that defendants can bring up any sort of excuse in mitigation of the offence or to reduce a sentance. They are rarely challenged by the court. One of the main things used when facing a prison sentance is a letter from someone telling the court that they have offerred the long term unemployed, full time professional criminal a job, which obviously won't be available if there is a prison sentence. There is also the ploy of using the long wait between being caught and coming up to court to get the wife or girl friend pregnant, this is a double win as the benefits go up and of course the judge understands that the defendant needs to be available at the birth.
  13. As one of the PRMC site members suggests the Local Plod should be informed and this scrote should be hung out to dry for perjury.
  14. Ninja_Stoker

Yep. Then again:

One wonders whether the "learned" Ms Johnson commited perjury or whether her client did.
  15. Curses, dooty Legal Eagle takes the bait.
    However the Lynne News may like to do a bit of journalistic investigation if given the good news about Mr Buntings real Royal Marines career. :wink:
  16. Learned but still ignorant?
  17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I don't think a Solicitor/Counsel can get done for perjury as they are acting on instructions given to them. Whether they believe their crap or not is irrelevant. Having worked in the law game for a while, it's laughable what some people come up with in mitigation. I still feel this is a step to far what this imbecile came up with. War walt.
  18. Its nothing like an Elephant
  19. I've alerted the Editor of the Lynne News about the doubts of this arscheholes service expressed on PRMC.Com, so fingers crossed they'll do some checking with MoD and embarrass the twunt even more. :twisted:
  20. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Week 13, fcuksake he's taking the p1ss calling himself a Nod let alone anything else, he's probably still got bits of uniform he's never even worn yet or managed to get all the fluff off his blue lid.

But going on our heroes chain of thought I'm an ex member of THEM, the real THEM, US Navy Seals and an ex Wren because I kind off worked with them all.......does this make me a walt?