are there any....

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by danny, Sep 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Aircrewman who are currently serving or have recently left? Who wouldn't mind answering a few questions i have about the branch as I'm giving a transfer serious thought. But I'm not currently in a navy unit and am therefore finding it hard to find out anything.
  2. Just out of curiosity danny what in or where are you serving now,
  3. currently at an army training establishment.
  4. Ok good luck with your plans,
  5. Me and Waspie are old and Bolds, and Know Nothing or counts for nothing !!!!!! Serving are Junglie Daz ,Airy Fairy and The Afghan, best of luck :wink:
  6. Thanks. Its not that i think you know nothing i just think some serving bods will be more helpfull with the more boring questions i have.
  7. Wasnt having a pop at you old lad!!! Others???
  8. What do you want to know mate?
  9. Do you still get lost when on low level Navexs :lol: :lol:
  10. But they all rely on TomTom now Scouse. :oops: :oops:
  11. PM sent bud. :)
  12. Haha, yeah...frequently, only to practice the lost procedure though!
    We still have the attitude that the GPS is just an "aid" to navigation so we try to actually nav as much as possible but as you can probably imagine the mappage of certain places isn't the greatest so we'll then rely on the GPS. Its a go-no go item now to be fair sometimes.
  13. Hope you dont try that old excuse on fast low level navexs in UK !!!!! What with their mappage being spot on????
  14. I hope you're using the word fast in the loosest of terms haha, UK mappage is hoofin' and obviously you'd have to be some sort of n*bber to get lost with those maps haha. No....never! haha :lol:
  15. Ah! Pinocchio. I was forever getting lost, couldnt fault me at winching, though :lol: :lol: :lol: nobodys getting wet on my watch :lol: :lol:
  16. Well i have just been given something printed from BR 1066 it details transferring to 'Anti submarine warfare Aircrewman specialization'. Is this what everyone joins as? Or do you join another specialization to join junglie etc. I was under the impression that you were given your cab due to the needs of the service but you were able to give a preference. But this info i have only details Merlin.
    I'm guessing i have only been given part of the information in BR 1066. The only other thing it mentions is SAR adquals.
  17. As i've said mate, ignore that. Put on your request form "Request manning clearance to branch transfer to Commando Aircrewman". That will suffice, they'll get the idea, that SAR experience crap is exactly that...crap. You can't have SAR experience without first being a crewman!! Most importantly Danny, WANTING to go pinger crewman is a crime in itself haha!!