Are there any foods that you wont eat?

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by brazenhussy, Apr 11, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For me it has to be Chitterlings------ ewwwwwwwwwwwwww GROSSSSSS
  2. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

you're at a bit of a loose end at the moment aren't you BH???
  3. yes mate --- post holiday blues!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
  4. Sticky Biscuit !!!!!! puck ! :oops:

Dont like currants or oysters, apart from that would eat anything, tryed most foods from all four corners of the globe.
  5. Guns

Guns War Hero Moderator

Sliced white bread. Which makes pussers bag rats not fun. Nothing can explain why I can't eat sandwiches, purely head issue. I'll eat panni, rolls toast etc. Just white bread sarnies.

For fellow hofficers - what is it with devils on horse back and the other "crazy" savouries. What is the point. I demand desserts not friging toast and a prune.
  6. I can't eat oysters because they could kill me but I loathe sprouts and broad beans.

Also anchovies are the devil's food!
  7. Sprouts, raddish, cabbage, mushrooms, anchovies
    Any pizza thats NOT pizza hut
  8. That'll be the wardroom mentality then :roll: :roll:
  9. Are you dyslexic Rosie?
    Its Monsters which kill not Oysters :oops:
  10. Liver and I don't care if it does come with onions and a 'tasty' gravy.
  11. The worst ting I ever tried was Goat Jaw, it was served whole on a plate.
    I tried a bit and nearly heaved!
    Never again
  12. No really! I went on a first date with some bloke and he took me for oysters and champers (wanted to get me into bed obviously). I then collapsed with a reaction and spent three days in Barts Hospital on an oxygen machine. I was certainly in bed, but not in the way he wanted I think!
  13. Does Pusser still cook offal for scran?

I can't recall seeing it towards the end of my naval career, but on my first ship I can recall seeing some form of offal all too frequently.

Liver, Braised Heart, Tripe.....Minging!

(Aside from Shit on a Raft, o' course, which is food of the Gods.)
  14. Now are we certain that it was the oysters and not the champers? You just may have had a dodgy bottle.
  15. There are very few 'nevers' but sea cucumber is a definite no never again.

On the other hand I am not that keen on things like Korean formal banquets, uncooked fish and shell fish, rice pudding, tripe ans a few others.
  16. Fond memories of Sunday breakfast......................
  17. Celery is the Devils penis and tomatoes are the Devils Gonads, neither should eaten in polite society !!

But having eaten everything from Giraffe Steak in Kenya to Dog in Korea pretty much anything else goes !!!
  18. Shepherds pie. An abiding memory of the dog throwing it up down the back of my neck in the car after I had rejected it (you know the routine, "if you dont eat it you'll get nowt!", "Fine by me" says I, so she fed it to the dog). My mum was so narked, but I couldnt tell if it was with me or the dog.

Monkey brains. Morocco. Along with the fried sparrows. Can you say parasites... I stuck with the veggie stuff. Less chance of the trots (but not much).

Pretty much anything in a Chinese medicine shop. I think if you want to eat tiger or bears willy you should have to fight the bugger for it with a fruit knife.

I used to love liver n'onions as a kid, even when I got a bit with a big old tube in it (just eat round it). Yanks dont believe Steak n'kidney pies really had kidneys in them, so I mailed a bunch of Fray Bentos tinned pies around when it was still legal. These days you cant even get Oxo/Bisto or Atora as beef suet will spread mad cow. But in the good ol' US wherever they serve full english/irish they have to tell you that black puddin is "blood sausage" which spoils all the fun. Did I mention I could ferkin MURDER a doner meat n' chips.......
  19. Absolutely no chance of girl on girl action then Rosie :lol: 8O
    Standing by in NZ
  20. Oh yes - who would want to eat a small bit of branston on top of cheese on toast rather than a big plate of steamed pud? Not I.

Anyone like MILAC on their wheaties?