Are the group photos when passing out of Raleigh, mandatory?

Sumo

War Hero
When you get to your boat and on patrol (doesn't matter if you have qualified or not) just ask the Skipper to surface for a barbi. Weekends are generally best, as that's when we have weekend routine. Shouldn't be any problem. Just tell him Sumo off the interweb said it would be OK.
day time helps night watch sleep better?

Taztiff

War Hero
Your dabbers are sh*te, look at the state of that paintwork :(
Pot, kettle calling!!
I've been up in a Wessie 5, held together with masking tape and plasters!!
(Winched down on to a Leander flightdeck in the middle of a Force 9 off Portland - ever so glad to be 'on the ground'! :confused: )

Editted to say, Sorry - thread drift. However I dont have any phots of said helicopter or ship.

Pot, kettle calling!!
(Winched down on to a Leander flightdeck in the middle of a Force 9 off Portland - ever so glad to be 'on the ground'! :confused: )

Editted to say, Sorry - thread drift. However I dont have any phots of said helicopter or ship.
"Gash Dit" then :D

Waspie

War Hero
Pot, kettle calling!!

As an ex QM/QS grubber of Wessex V's I take offence at the insinuation that I would use plasters!!!! Never. HBM combined with a few strands of wire worked adequately well!!!!! :p:D:oops:

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Most Leanders were held together by about 2 inches of paint.
I remember pouring paint straight out of the pot behind hatche comings and using a long tom to spread it.

Sumo

War Hero
Most Leanders were held together by about 2 inches of paint.
I remember pouring paint straight out of the pot behind hatche comings and using a long tom to spread it.
shoddy workmanship? did it cover the maskers?
Work up at Portland, they told us we were painted 3 different, shades of grey and needed to rectify? Camouflage sir! Did work?
Amazing how much paint a grey funnel has on-board, all hands in no alongside time for run ashore, anchored of painting around the clock, next day we sailed wet paint everywhere, great care and attention to detail was given to applying paint, middle watch painting, wtf, slap it on it will only be washed of tomorrow after inspection, during Thursday war.
Also told between ME & WE we had over 20tons of excess spares, we had to land and get rid of, lots of float testing later, all done, Thursday war WBA Tx blew up, Chief raise OPDEF I say, FOST why don't you fix it, can't you told me to get rid of all office stowed spares, the resistor which blow regularly is not a stores carried spares, FOST in shite, but still tried to blame me as I should have said, I did he did not listen, arrogant A Hole, after they left retrieved hidden resistors and fixed WBA. WEO happy to report to skipper fixed but didn't half give me funny looks?