Are RMR really a better standard then Reg. Infantry?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by MMAgeek, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Found this the other day on a Royal Marines MOD website concerning the RMR:

"On completion of the course we were trained to the equivalent level of an army trained soldier, but we knew that if we wanted to join the Royal Marines and earn our green berets, then we had a further 6 months of hard slog ahead of us. "

to see in full go to

Can this be really true? that a part time green lidded marine is at a better combat standard than say a full time infanteer from the Mercian Regiment??

Its obvious that a full time RM is of a higher standard than line infantry due to their greater recruit training period and higher fitness levels, but surely a reservist who acheives his green beret still cannot be of a better standard that a normal infantry soldier, can he??

thanks for your help

2. You'll probably get the same reply here that you did on the ARRSE web site
  3. i just want a broad level of replys as possible, as there probably going to be some level of bias on each forum.

4. Marines walk on water, Pongos sink…
  5. Go and find out for yourself mate!!
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I suspect your trying to stir shite.
  7. the part where you took the quote from, he didn't even have his green lid at the time. However I am guessing that because the RMR are fully integrateable with the Reg's and have to do the commando tests, like the regs. Yeah they will be better than army infantry just like the regs.

The fitness levels of army infantry are laughable according to this anyway

There 'final' fitness level doesn't compare to our PJFT.
  8. Look instead of coming in here asking bone questions about whether the RMR are better than the regular army, pick up the phone and find out for yourselves!!!