Are pilot officers first warfare officers???

hi,
I,ve been trying to research the pilot officer training and promotion pipeline, and saw conflicting info on weather or not all pilots are warfare officers first and foremost.
would be handy if someone could clear this up for me, cheers.

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
To re-iterate, Aircrew are Warfare.

Under most scenarios, you won't see a great many pilots flying aircraft operationally beyond Lt Cdr, but you will see former pilots operationally commanding warships, if they stick around long enough and are half-good at it.

To re-iterate, Aircrew are Warfare.

Under most scenarios, you won't see a great many pilots flying aircraft operationally beyond Lt Cdr, but you will see former pilots operationally commanding warships, if they stick around long enough and are half-good at it.
Had a pilot for a skipper , nice chap but crap sailor, kept hitting things.

Last edited:

Seadog

War Hero
One of my COs was a pilot who'd been in the WAFU world for years. When appointed as Ship CO, in addition to CO Desig Course, on his own volition he joined a same class ship commanded by his oppo and brought himself up to speed in all things ship handling.

When he joined he had fireside chats with each mess. One of the CPOs asked about his lack of ship driving experience. His reply, I paraphrase;

If I can fly at 160 knots, I can sail at 25.

He was excellent in all respects and went on to a four ring Command where I'm told, he was every bit as competent and respected.