Are Birds Stupid?

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by sgtpepperband, May 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

2. Can't think of anything to say except 'fcukin hell'.

3. I'm trying to think of something witty to say about birds and women, but unlike those corvids, I don't seem to be clever enough....

I'll get my coat

4. Ever seen the film Birds? Scary huh.

5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

No! Wossit about?! :shock:

6. Spend time with most animals and you see they have an intelligence.....as for birds, looked after a friend's once and really sad to see the lil' fella go.

Maybe the animal kingdom hasn't figured out how to get to other planets, but they also aren't the species stupid enough to destroy their own within 200 years of 'progress'.

7. Had a sparrow hawk in my garden the other morning ripping F**K out of a baby pigeon, pretty switched on as it even cleaned up when it had finished! And gave me the look of death not to come too close!

8. On Sunday, I watched some Jackdaws doing their airborne courtship stuff. Max Immelman did not invent that turn.

In air to air with the gulls, the gulls suddenly look remarkably clumsy and stupid.

9. Sorry, I thought this was a thread about female chavettes. o_O

10. It can, if you need it to be. Us girls won't hold it against you,in particular. :wink:

11. What exactly?...you may find a queue forming.... 8)

12. Only those who marry serving or former members of HM forces :lol:

13. Got a chicken & a couple of duck breasts in my freezer, no sign of intelligence.

14. Starring
    Walter Pigeon,
    Anna Neagle,
    George Seagal,
    Donald Swan,
    Peter Finch,
    Cheryl Crow........In the Birds.

Whats it about?...........ornithology 8O :oops: :D

15. You have far too much time on your hand oppo.... :D You really must try and get out more.... 8)

16. Er, would you come and tell the war office this, last week I was out for two days with an old shipper and got wall to wall GBH of the luggs. :cry: :cry: :cry:

17. You're intelligence, or lack of a husband, has never been called into question. :roll:

18. Rumrat . I take it you didn't like Charlie Drake then?

19. Trap one.

Memory gone AWOL, its an age thing. 8O :D