Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are all wrens sluts or just most of them?

slim

War Hero
Please do not refer to them as sluts, in the RN SLUTS are Sub Lts Under Training.
We prefer them to be referred to as "Toys for the Boys" :p

brigham600

War Hero
Zoid, you sound just like your brain power - VOID!

I agree with Spidiver - you are a knob and probably have a small one of them as well.

Blackrat

War Hero
Book Reviewer
SEP86 said:
Just the sort of post that 2SL's recent letters to COs refer to. Why do people do it?

What? Write to CO's? God knows. Maybe he was bored or something.

sootblower

Lantern Swinger
WRNS - they simply don't exist any more. This woman at sea thing is now old hat. It must be 20 years ago this year that the first females went to sea and the WRNS was disbanded.

Guzzler

War Hero
sootblower said:
WRNS - they simply don't exist any more. This woman at sea thing is now old hat. It must be 20 years ago this year that the first females went to sea and the WRNS was disbanded.

*pedant mode on*

They still remained WRENS after they went to sea in 1990. It was a couple of years later that they became fully integrated into the RN and the WRNS was disbanded.

*pedant mode off*

Guzzler

War Hero
What do you mean by that though tommo? Surely you just mean how they were referred to in an informal manner - they were certainly not members of the WRNS as it didn't exist, so the term 'Leading Wren' was, technically, incorrect.

tommo

War Hero
Guzzler said:
What do you mean by that though tommo? Surely you just mean how they were referred to in an informal manner - they were certainly not members of the WRNS as it didn't exist, so the term 'Leading Wren' was, technically, incorrect.

Well we had LWWEM(R) on board my first ship and WOM's that was 97-99. At Culdrose there was 2 WOM(C)'s in the ops room with me that was 2001

Guzzler

War Hero
I assume that the 'W' was to indicate 'woman', bearing in mind the whole issue was still evolving. I can't be sure as I was outside then, but as I say, I believe it was more a 'slang' (for want of a better word) term. They were certainly not Wrens in the 'real' meaning of the word.

Anyway, the second half of Full Metal Jacket beckons so I'm off now. :)

tommo

War Hero
Well all I know is the pipes made said Leading Wren.

The PO Wren (T) in the Ops room of Culdrose was still called a PO Wren also.

I'm just saying. That was their rates and they were called Wrens. I know we were told to stop calling them splits and had to call them Wasa's though