Are all officers posh?

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by rookierambo, Sep 3, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was interested in joining as an officer, however I'm not from the typical background. And don't want to be stuck with a load Rupert's called Tybalt.
    In all seriousness is that the case? Or is there people like myself from a rougher upbringing?
  2. I think you're fibbing.
  3. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You'll be ok in the Corps. However, if you tried for the dizzy heights of the Household Division, you would be black balled immediately. Prole.
  4. What's that suppose to mean then
  5. Yeah I'm interested in joining marines
  6. It means you've failed basic comprehension for starters.
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Well I wish I knew what that meant
  8. Nice one. Confirmed bite.
    • Like Like x 4
  9. I take it your one of them people i couldn't stand being with...
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Why? are they coming apart?

With thanks to G Marx

• Like Like x 4
  11. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Probably, he comes across as intelligent and witty.
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Always thought household were part of army
  13. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

They are. Pure class too.
  14. Day 1 Lesson 1. Royal Marines, not marines.

You have much to learn :)
  15. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'll get my butler to answer that question for you...
  16. Subsunk

Subsunk Badgeman Book Reviewer

If you have the potential and the Careers Service can see it, your background matters not, least of all in the RM who look at their potential officers in minute detail.

Don't use comments like that, you'll do everyone's heads in but mainly the people who came from far, far rougher upbringings than you but proved themselves worthy of holding the Queen's Commission.
  17. Ask oneself, do you drink you tea from a cup and saucer (never ever a "mug") with your pinkie sticking out? That is all they are looking for at Potential Royal Marines Officers Course and the AIB.
  18. Not all officers are posh. Go for it
  19. Long before you were born I was a long suffering petty Occiferin Her Majesties Royal Navy. I was suffering mainly from occifers who were posh. However during my time Her Maj (or her reps) realised that within the lower deck there just happened to be intelligent life. Some of this intelligence was promoted to the occifer class, many tried to emulate their companions and started speaking with posh (wardroom) accents, others didn't bother.
    Gradually those from the lower deck weakened the occifer class gene pool and now in the modern nave there are many occifers who are definitely not posh, I even even heard a couple of them FART!:icon_smile:
  20. They should be. Far too many chavs in the wardroom these days. The RN is getting like the RAF when it comes to allowing whittlers through the gate.
    • Like Like x 5