ARA Destroyer accident July 17

Sumo

War Hero
We had a WAFU as a skipper, he could hit anything when entering and leaving harbour, Jimmy and XO had a standing wagers, a case of booze, if full astern was ordered, normally instigated by XO before ramming station, then Case went to MEO if no full astern given case to XO I believe the MEO was well ahead, when entering Germany as part of task force, we hit something hard, coms shack to bridge what have we hit, casual reply Germany, he was relieved of his post before deploying to Falklands by an old style gunnery officer.

We had a WAFU as a skipper, he could hit anything when entering and leaving harbour, Jimmy and XO had a standing wagers, a case of booze, if full astern was ordered, normally instigated by XO before ramming station, then Case went to MEO if no full astern given case to XO I believe the MEO was well ahead, when entering Germany as part of task force, we hit something hard, coms shack to bridge what have we hit, casual reply Germany, he was relieved of his post before deploying to Falklands by an old style gunnery officer.
Kin Ell @Sumo were you bullied at Culdrose, Portland or Yeovilton :p

Kin Ell @Sumo were you bullied at Culdrose, Portland or Yeovilton :p
Unfortunately that was Gen, he needed the command posting for promotion but being replaced before post was up may not have looked good on his write ups?

Had 2 skimmer drafts where We & WAFU’s were in the same mess, and I had Portland as well, awfully nice chaps once you could get them out of there racks and drinking.

Last edited: