Aquaint or not aquaint that is the question

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Mckenzie147, Jul 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am due to join as CISSM in March and have not been told of an aquaint course. Is it standard practice/part of the joining process to go on one or is it up to the individual? How do you get on one and is it worth doing. Also in case anyone is bothered I have decided to go as CISSM rather than MA. Hope I have made the right decision!!????!!!???
  2. if your unsure ring ur afco. They will probably tell you to wait till a date for entry is given to you then they'll sort out rnac.
  3. thanks for the tip. Is it normally about six months before you go and is it part of the joining process.
  4. If you have experience of Forces life then don't bother. If you haven't, you should go.
  5. i was in the army cadets for a while!! When do you normally get a confirmed date??
  6. It's usual that the more exclamation marks used the faster AFCO give you an Acquaint date.
  7. now that is the question.
  8. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, a fair appraisal.
  9. Thats not strictly true. I've got a date for an acquaint in October, and I'm probably still 12 months from getting a start date.
  10. being an important word :wink:
  11. 1. Is it standard practice? ie 'part of the joining process' as you put it.
    A. It is not part of the joining process. IE It is not a mandatory part of the whole joining process, therefore it is not standard practice.
    2.Is it up to the individual?
    A. Yes.
    3. How do you get on one?
    A. Speak to your AFCO/careers adviser.
    4. Is it worth doing?
    A. Only you can say if it is worth while after having done the course - people's opinions differ.
    5. In case anyone is bothered...?
    A. Why should we be bothered?
    6. Have you made the right decision?
    A. See answer 4.
  12. My RNAC got cancelled. Instead, my CA is putting me on another special course called the Royal Navy Awareness Course that lasts one day. Anyone heard anything about this? Maybe it's a new thing?
  13. were is this held?
  14. I'm going to Nottingham for the day for this.
  15. I haven't heard of this maybe it is new
  16. Could be. Maybe someone else knows more.
  17. With that level of Military experience I'm surprised they're even bothering making you do Basic.
    I'd appeal for the option of going straight to Phase 2 Training if I were you.
  18. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

A candidate for STC, surely..? 8)
  19. STC? I'm sure I will manage without the course, I have an idea of what it will be like due to family members but thanks so much for the advice.
  20. Or P Squadron. brushteeth