aquaint course 3rd sept anyone?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by al1985, Sep 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey everyone, anyone heading down or up to the aquaint course on this date for sea spec? getting nervous- but excited anyone got any last minute advice/tips on what to excpect,thnx in advance. can't wait!!!
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Leave the sheep alone and don't take sweets from strangers.
  3. expect it to being raining. it always rains in scotland. also dont be put off that caledonia is a shit hole. most bases arnt that bad
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

To be fair Danny, I think the RNAC accommodation is on a par with most phase-one training establishments inasmuch as there's more than one per room, unlike most bases after training.

There's not much point giving potential joiners single, ensuite cabins in the pretence that you can expect a comparable equivalent afloat. It is an acquaint course, not a "rose-tinted" view of the RN.

Caledonia is indeed a little "Rainy & wind-swept" I'll vouch, having lived there as a Fireschool instructor at HMS Cochrane. Now, as for accommodation in HMS Cochrane....
  5. lol good replies guys,i'll keep away from the sheep!are our bags kept secure as i'm thinking of bring my psp for the journey (all 7 hours of it) as i might get a bit bored! :happy3:
  6. I wasnt talking about the actual acomadation. Im not saying they need gucci single living on the aquaint. Just caledonia in general is pritty run down. I rember going before i joined up and it is on its arse. At the time i was slightly put off that all the buildings have asbestos warnings on the doors.
    Just in general caledonia is a shit hole compared to other bases i have been to. Nelson, Raleigh, Collingwood, Sultan. Faslane is a bit sketchy in parts but thats in the process of becombing better.
    Was just trying to point out dont take caledonia as the typical establishment. Because its not.
  7. There will be arrangements to keep your stuff secure, or take a small padlock which can be used on the cupboards in your cabin. As Ninja Stoker said the RNAC accommodation is at least 2 beds per cabin and at most 4.
    Oh and the food at Caledonia is great. (Shame it's just gone PAYD :( )
    It is a very desolate place however. So empty I once had an accommodation block to myself which was scary :dwarf:
  8. Nice one, Just after something to keep me occupied for the journey on the way up, really looking forward to going been a loooong wait!sure i'll be havin a few beers on the journey back ;)