Aptitude test

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by Chicogiz, Apr 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is the aptitude test hard to be warfare rating (submariner).Is it got to be finished in a time?

Thanks luke (Chicogiz)

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The test for submariner is the same for all ratings. 4 part, multiple choice psychometric test against the clock. 9 mins for 30 q's in reasoning, 9 mins for 30 q's in literacy, 16 mins for 30 q's in numeracy, 10 mins for 30 q's in mechanical comprehension. You should aim to get at least 50% correct for Warfare Submariner. You can get a practice test booklet from your AFCO.

3. When you walk in be certain to check that the door is closed. It might be a small point, but they will instantly drop you 10% if you leave it open. Submariners are funny like that.......for some reason.

Anything else I can help you with?

4. Submariners never use the C word. Something is open or shut, never c!@#ed. :)

5. Well put, obviously a target.

6. Apart from an electrical breaker, they are definitely open or closed. :wink:

7. Rod and Jack....fell for the oldest trick in the book......couldnt help yourselves could you?

Perishing lot!

8. I've just choked on my cup of tea....splutter....cl*s*d indeed. See I can't even spell it, my random selectors won't let me, even now! That bloody word earned me so many press ups in Dolphin. I think it should be deleted from the lexicon. The other word that gets me twitching is the word that non quals use when refering to sleek black messengers of death. SUBS......I mean come on. It's either SUBMARINE OR BOAT. Subs.......makes me cringe!!!!

9. Did I do all that just to let the Pusser take me to sea. Wow....seems I knew a bit more than I remember then. I was a complete duffer at maths but found the mechanical comprehension part a doddle. Things along those lines seemed easy peasy and I remember getting well above average for that part of the test. So did I become a clanky then.....nah...deck ape for me. Jack of all trades and piss head extraordinaire........ :dontknow: the emoticon is me with a headset on BTW