Aptitude Test

hmm
being female, I have to admit its not something I tend to notice, but according to my dive mates, they would agree with you. lol
just as observer and nothing more.. please believe me on this one! there are a lot of students, beer, tits, and muff! well in my part of essex any way!
but I have to admit some parts are little villages full of retirement homes! lol

ship_rat
 
ship_rat said:
hmm
being female, I have to admit its not something I tend to notice, but according to my dive mates, they would agree with you. lol
just as observer and nothing more.. please believe me on this one! there are a lot of students, beer, tits, and muff! well in my part of essex any way!
but I have to admit some parts are little villages full of retirement homes! lol

ship_rat

hahah, sorry shippers - Don't know what made me come under the assumption you were a male.

Damn our sexist ways - Automatically assuming that every RN recruit is going to be male!

Apologies! lol
 
lol
don't worry, your not the only one! I spent 7 yrs serving in the TA, I have that mentalty now, I don't think it will ever leave me! it does not bother me, it keeps me going when times are down, especialy when its cold, wet and your tired and one of the lads pulls out a porn mag, you just join in, no probs, you just laugh and get on with it, you are part of a team, "if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined!" thats what I say!

ship_rat
 
ship_rat said:
lol
don't worry, your not the only one! I spent 7 yrs serving in the TA, I have that mentalty now, I don't think it will ever leave me! it does not bother me, it keeps me going when times are down, especialy when its cold, wet and your tired and one of the lads pulls out a porn mag, you just join in, no probs, you just laugh and get on with it, you are part of a team, "if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined!" thats what I say!

ship_rat

I wish every girl had your attitude!
 
creddly said:
ship_rat said:
lol
don't worry, your not the only one! I spent 7 yrs serving in the TA, I have that mentalty now, I don't think it will ever leave me! it does not bother me, it keeps me going when times are down, especialy when its cold, wet and your tired and one of the lads pulls out a porn mag, you just join in, no probs, you just laugh and get on with it, you are part of a team, "if you can't take a joke you shouldn't have joined!" thats what I say!

ship_rat

I wish every girl had your attitude!

Hey, i like porn!!

Credders, pay to see a physio' when you can. It's not that expensive, £30 or therabouts, but you will get at least 40 minutes and some good, practical advice. A doctor, at best, would refer you to a physio' which would take longer and show up on your records. And that physio' wouldn't have the time to spend with you. You might need some insoles or something, or might have just overdone it. I have some orthopaedic insoles now, made a world of difference during my running.
 

Izza77

Midshipman
Yeah I am booked in for testing and have completed all the paperwork, my discharge is in for the RAN effective 03 Jan 08.

I am able to apply whilst still in the RAN but cannot actually join until I am discharged.....so if the turnover is approximately 8 months then that will be around when I am discharging anyway.

What sorts of questions did they ask in the interviews?....do they ask job specific questions or more broad questions such as one's on operations and ship deployments etc?

Cheers, thanks for your help
-Ian


ship_rat said:
hi
I take it that you have put your application in. have to be honest I'm not sure, the reason for this is that you are still currently serving in the RAN, when i put my application in i was still serving in the TA (Territorial Army) and I had to be discharged from service before I could join the RN.
I know if you a "regular" ie full time serving in another force eg RAF or the army then A) you might have to be discarge B) as you are in the RAN you might find that you will have to get there permission to join the RN.
The tests the RT (tick test if you like) takes about 2hrs, if you pass. about a week later you then have an interview and a medical normaly done on the same day, you would then have to pass the PJFT a) with in your time (dependent on age and sex) b) with in 28 days of passing the medical.
the draft time depends on how popular the branch is and what branch you are going into. the last thing is the security papers it normaly takes about 3 months but this depends on how loged the secuirity department is and the MoD and where they need to get there information from. from start to finish it has taken me about 8 months.
do you know wich AFCO you are going to?
do they know that you are coming over from aus?
if not you might want to ring the AFCO, they will be able to help you more than me,but pm me if you need to, I'm on here most of the the day.

hope this helps
ship_rat
 
hi
theres a question!.... I was asked about:- why I wanted to join the RN and why not the army, why I have chosen that branch, my family+ friends and what they thought, my parnter, erm.. past service eg TA, fitness, sports, hobbies, schooling, RN basic training, trade training, get out clauses, terms of service. I think thats about it, wear a suit, keep cool they are human same as you, read the RN leaflets they will provide you.
hope this helps
ship_rat
 

Nicky_D

Midshipman
I had my interview today - and i've been accepted as a Warfare Specialist. Come on - i'm well happy!! Just the medical and PJFT to go now.

Cheers for all the advice guys. Wahoo
 

Nicky_D

Midshipman
Hey guys it's been a while since my last post - i have since passed my medical and today i passed my PJFT with flying colours!! (i reckon the treadmill at the gym in Portsmouth is dud) I took 1 minute off my previous best time - not sure if thats possible!!
So i'm in with a time of 11.47 (25 and female)!

Just got to wait for my date now - the CPO reckons it should be Sept time.
Can't bloody wait.

Yee ha
 
Top