April showers ?.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Stirling, Apr 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Around this area in June/July the farmers have the big hose reels out spraying the tatty fields with water, they are already out spraying the wheat/barley fields. the only crops thriving at the mo is rapeseed which requires very little water to grow, unprecedented.
    Not knocking the good weather mind.:brushteeth:
  2. Careful what you say Sterling, the climate change police will 'shower' you with propaganda and try to force a 'flood' of new green taxes upon us.
  3. In the south of England the privatised water companies have failed miserably in failing to build new reservoirs.
  4. Do you build a reservoir or dig it?
  5. Apparently, the charity Wateraid can supply clean water for life for only £2 per month.......Anglian Water can f**k right off then, where do I sign???
  6. Nice one......cider all over keyboard moment

7. I would say build but I could be mistaken and if so it won't be the first time.
  8. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Why not just build a national water grid so that water can be re distributed as required?
  9. Now that makes good sense as there is no shortage of water in the north of England, Wales and Scotland, however the privatised water companies don't want to invest, they and their shareholders just want to trouser as much of our cash as they possibly can.
  10. Now that's an idea to build on, I can dig that.

11. Good effort and worth a 9.5
  12. The water storage resovoirs round here are 65 million years old. About time we had a large ground movement so the ones built since can be moved from below sea level so they can be used. Should only take a couple of million years, too late for my use but hayho.
  13. You don't want to be drinking that what with all that shitty nappy juice and other vile liquids seeping down from landfill.
  14. Not alot of option round here and Im too tight to buy bottled.
  15. Jersey Water are moving everyone onto metered supplies. Our monthly bill has gone up 50%. Nice.
  16. We'll only be sympathetic when you quantify that.If it was a quid per month and has gone up to £1.50 I for one will not be shedding any tears.Anyway,you're all millionaires in Jesey so what difference does a few quid make.
  17. From £65 a quarter to £95 plus. And when one of you is unemployed (read: me) then every extra bit hurts.

Sorry, we are not all millionaires - if only.
  18. Therefore sir you have my sympathy on all three points.

19. Because it will give the Jocks something else to drip about (is there a pun in there somewhere?)
  20. I am sure you would be allowed some of our lovely limestone free if the price was right and yes excellent pun.