April 09 - BRNC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by grizwald, Feb 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Im set to goto dartmouth in april (reading here that's the 27th)
    Ive had nothing further since november - is that anything to worry about?

In the meantime has anyone got any suggestions on how to improve my writing skills? any online / sub-3 month courses or such?

Plus any general advice and tips for BRNC would be great. Im searching the site, but there is alot to get through, any links or repeats would be fantastic.

Cheers
    Griz

2. In brief,

I'm assuming that you've missed out loads of apostrophes because this is a forum and it doesn't matter. Fair enough, but the best, cheapest and quickest way you could improve your writing skills would be to practice writing properly even when you don't have to- that will stand you in good stead for when you do :wink:

Other than that, learn to iron. Get a good iron that puts out steam like there's a fault with it and learn to iron shirts and trousers without tramlines. That will save you so much time. Don't stress too much about all this though, it hasn't started yet and there's no sense worrying before then.

3. OMG........Has the Stewards Branch been abolished? :w00t:

4. Hig yer feckin at it again had to get me a beer out the fridge - I can do that now I'm retired - ish