Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approval to process

Connanfodder

Midshipman
I have previously served in the British army getting medically discharged I applied for the Royal Navy nearly a year ago and was told I could not join. I have since appealed and was told if I provided medical evidence saying my previous injury is alright and passed the medical I would be allowed back in I got the call today saying I have passed my medical and my AFCO has applied for approval to process. What does this mean? And is the what are the next stages of the process or does it vary depending on person?
Thanks for any help

soleil

War Hero
I have previously served in the British army getting medically discharged I applied for the Royal Navy nearly a year ago and was told I could not join. I have since appealed and was told if I provided medical evidence saying my previous injury is alright and passed the medical I would be allowed back in I got the call today saying I have passed my medical and my AFCO has applied for approval to process. What does this mean? And is the what are the next stages of the process or does it vary depending on person?
Thanks for any help

CF

As you were medically discharged, your medical documentation has to be forwarded to Captain Naval Recruiting so that the Senior Medical Officer Service Entry can confirm that you're good to go.

When the CAs in an AFCO talk about 'applying for approval to process', what they mean is that they have submitted everything to 'Recruitment HQ' for want of a better expression so that everything can get final approval. Once this happens, the rest of the process will take place as normal.

Connanfodder

Midshipman
CF

As you were medically discharged, your medical documentation has to be forwarded to Captain Naval Recruiting so that the Senior Medical Officer Service Entry can confirm that you're good to go.

When the CAs in an AFCO talk about 'applying for approval to process', what they mean is that they have submitted everything to 'Recruitment HQ' for want of a better expression so that everything can get final approval. Once this happens, the rest of the process will take place as normal.

Ah mega thanks for exposing that mate

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Approval to process Joining the Royal Navy 0
photface Approval to process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
muskovardo Approval to Process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Government gives £60 million seal-of-approval for North Devon Link Road MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovation: MHRA’s speedy approval of high dose flu vaccine demonstrates flexibilities in national applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Contingencies fund advance: pending approval of the supplementary estimate 2019 to 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Approval for new trial to prevent Group B Strep in newborn babies MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Homes England unlocks its Help to Buy: Equity Loan calculator so advisers can check an applicant’s likely approval MoD News 0
MoD_RSS British Embassy delegation urges approval of UK-Honduras trade Agreement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Stamp of approval for dealerships trained to work with electric cars MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: UK welcomes approval of new trade agreement with Japan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary welcomes approval of new Tunisian Government MoD News 0
S Awaiting MoD approval Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
CheefTiff Parliamentary Approval for Participation in Armed conflict Current Affairs 8
MoD_RSS Changes to the UK Visa Application Process in Sudan MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ensuring an inclusive electoral process and a united response to humanitarian crises in Somalia MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government steps in to help homeowners caught up in 'EWS1' process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Government steps in to help homeowners caught up in 'ESW1' process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Supporting an Afghan-owned, Afghan-led peace process MoD News 0
S Joining Process - Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
MoD_RSS Freeports bidding process opens for applications MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection report published: An inspection of the Home Office’s use of language services in the asylum process MoD News 0
S Joining process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Normalising relations between Israel and its neighbours and pushing forward and Israeli-Palestinian peace process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House to resume compulsory strike off process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK statement to the WTO General Council: DG Selection Process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Progressing on a political process to end the Syrian conflict MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House resumes voluntary strike off process MoD News 0
L PVR PROCESS Joining the Royal Navy 36
MoD_RSS Companies House to resume the compulsory strike off process MoD News 0
T Application process-Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8
MoD_RSS Evaluation of court and tribunal video hearings process published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Statement to the WTO General Council on the Director General Selection Process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Companies House to restart the voluntary strike off process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fisheries Response Fund (FRF) appeals process MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Reaching an inclusive and Syrian-led political process in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Constructive engagement in the UN-led process is needed to achieve peace in Yemen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The process of seeking a political solution in Syria must not cease MoD News 0
MoD_RSS A ceasefire and cooperation with the UN political process is the best defense against the devastating effects of Covid-19 in Yemen. MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New Registration Process for Visiting British Nationals in Turkey MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Coronavirus - Temporary changes to how we process fishing vessel licence applicatons MoD News 0
T Joining process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
J Joining process RFA 16
MoD_RSS DBS Disclosure Process Video MoD News 0
C NSMBOS process and timescale Health & Fitness 3
MoD_RSS Supporting the democratic process in Guinea-Bissau MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Troika Envoys meet to discuss South Sudan peace process MoD News 0
F Naval nurse selection process Joining the Royal Navy 6
MoD_RSS Aspiring teachers to benefit from simpler application process MoD News 0
C Sixth Form Scholarship Application Process Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4