Approval to process

Connanfodder

Midshipman
I have previously served in the British army getting medically discharged I applied for the Royal Navy nearly a year ago and was told I could not join. I have since appealed and was told if I provided medical evidence saying my previous injury is alright and passed the medical I would be allowed back in I got the call today saying I have passed my medical and my AFCO has applied for approval to process. What does this mean? And is the what are the next stages of the process or does it vary depending on person?
Thanks for any help

soleil

War Hero
I have previously served in the British army getting medically discharged I applied for the Royal Navy nearly a year ago and was told I could not join. I have since appealed and was told if I provided medical evidence saying my previous injury is alright and passed the medical I would be allowed back in I got the call today saying I have passed my medical and my AFCO has applied for approval to process. What does this mean? And is the what are the next stages of the process or does it vary depending on person?
Thanks for any help

CF

As you were medically discharged, your medical documentation has to be forwarded to Captain Naval Recruiting so that the Senior Medical Officer Service Entry can confirm that you're good to go.

When the CAs in an AFCO talk about 'applying for approval to process', what they mean is that they have submitted everything to 'Recruitment HQ' for want of a better expression so that everything can get final approval. Once this happens, the rest of the process will take place as normal.

Connanfodder

Midshipman
CF

As you were medically discharged, your medical documentation has to be forwarded to Captain Naval Recruiting so that the Senior Medical Officer Service Entry can confirm that you're good to go.

When the CAs in an AFCO talk about 'applying for approval to process', what they mean is that they have submitted everything to 'Recruitment HQ' for want of a better expression so that everything can get final approval. Once this happens, the rest of the process will take place as normal.

Ah mega thanks for exposing that mate