Appropriate rig

Discussion in 'The Corps' started by Taffd, Sep 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning men,

What would be the appropriate rig for a Bootneck attending a pass-out at Raleigh - Lovats or Blues?

I understand it's a formal occasion but is that just for the participants, or for all service personel attending?

Thanks in advance.
  2. All booties I've seen attending have come in lovats.
  3. Ye gods, that was quick.

Many thanks Wrecker.
  4. As I see most passing out parade visitors it's always been with medals, no matter who it is, pongo, jack, Royal or those powder blue wearing poof's.
  5. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You won't go wrong in drag mucker. =-D
  6. Civvies - it's their day, not yours......
  7. Go in rig and flash the bling. Some quality MILF's and sisters turn up ;P

Apart from serving members of the family in rig you get a fair few ex-service members of the family wearing their medals on their blazers with appropiate badges.

Having said that I went to my son's passing out at Sultan in civvies (I was at sea for the Raleigh one).

All down to personal choice at the end of the day, some families turn up in jeans and T shirts although that's not often.
  8. Again, thanks for the replies.

I'll be in civvies, with no badges of 'I was once a matelot'. One of my son's is a Bootie and will be there for his brother. It's been decided between them that rig is in order.

Medals won't be an issue, as he doesn't get his until November.

As for going in drag, my best heels are broken and I don't fancy shellin' out for a new pair just yet.
  9. Most I've seen turn up in uniform with medals. So why not?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. This is what I wore to my last visit to CTC, cut a fine figure too if I do say so myself.

11. What a **** !!! Obviously Alfred the Tit hasn't got any bling !!!
  12. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

I reckon ATG can hold his breath longer than you.

13. I've just held my breath for 4 hours and 17 mins. :)

Your turn now Alfred..oh and no cheating... I know what you baby officers are like !!
  14. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Liar,,,,it was only 45 seconds because ATG shot his muck. :-D