Appropriate dress code?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Brob91, Apr 10, 2016.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

Have just sent off my application, I'm going to be having a briefing to help me decide between Submarine or Surface.

I know it's pre-interview, but I still want to give a good impression.

What would you recommend to wear for this? Would full suit and tie be too much? Want to get everything right from the get go!

Thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The only time you need to dress to impress is for the selection interview itself, when attending PRNC and when you join HMS Raleigh. All other times, clean and casual is fine.

3. Thank you.

Also, I'm sure I'll be made aware once it comes to it, but where is the medical carried out? I'm taking a guess it's not at the AFCO?

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Some are, some aren't. As correctly observed, your AFCO will advise the appointment details at the time of booking. My AFCO uses 5 different doctors in 4 different locations.

5. When I went through "your" AFCO in 1985 the medical was done in the same building, how times have changed for the worst it seems :(

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

JFH have you caught on that Ninja was the "Doctor" then?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

At least he said he was:

'Dr, when that thing comes out of me - it had better have numbers on it'......

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. What?
    Ninja Stoker is a Timelord? :eek:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. He seemed to like the Cough and Drop test :eek: