Appropriate behaviour

So now that the chimp is asleep, I'll just point out that the flag in question looking like 'a bag of shite' is, in fact, totally in keeping with tradition, where those in mourning looked dishevelled, and ships in mourning did not look 'shipshape', but had their masts a' cockbill and their rigging scandalised. So when he says (In His Humble Opinion!) that it looked a bag of shite, he is unwittingly paying a compliment.

gazbo1988

Lantern Swinger
Joe_Crow said:
So now that the chimp is asleep, I'll just point out that the flag in question looking like 'a bag of shite' is, in fact, totally in keeping with tradition, where those in mourning looked dishevelled, and ships in mourning did not look 'shipshape', but had their masts a' cockbill and their rigging scandalised. So when he says (In His Humble Opinion!) that it looked a bag of shite, he is unwittingly paying a compliment.
the maturity there is incomprehenceable! you are going to open up a whole can of worms there! :roll:

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
gazbo1988 said:
this is possibly the most pointless arguement i have ever read on here and ive seen many of arguements Mattbea has had!
Are you saying flag ceremonial is pointless? This surely is a topic that ranks up there with the importance of ensuring that the upper scuppers are painted the precise shade of Admiralty Grey, that Number 8s are not worn outside the dockyard and many other bones of contention to the old navy.

gazbo1988

Lantern Swinger
FlagWagger said:
gazbo1988 said:
this is possibly the most pointless arguement i have ever read on here and ive seen many of arguements Mattbea has had!
Are you saying flag ceremonial is pointless? This surely is a topic that ranks up there with the importance of ensuring that the upper scuppers are painted the precise shade of Admiralty Grey, that Number 8s are not worn outside the dockyard and many other bones of contention to the old navy.
no I dint mean that ! The orignal thread was a very important one and much respect to him and his son who is serving! I was talking about them having a pointless argument nit picking at what person supposivly said or meant!

gazbo1988 said:
FlagWagger said:
gazbo1988 said:
no I dint mean that ! The orignal thread was a very important one and much respect to him and his son who is serving! I was talking about them having a pointless argument nit picking at what person supposivly said or meant!
I'm not sure I know what you have supposedly said, but cheers for your input.

Taffd

Lantern Swinger
The point of the original post was to check that I wasn't doing anything that could be construed as wrong, cheesy or offensive to those who matter.

ie. Serving and ex-serving members of our armed forces.

Having had my query answered, please feel free to argue the minutiae of flags and castigate each other as you will.

Thanks to you all for your input