Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apprentice Comms Course starting 1st Sept

goosefromryhope

Lantern Swinger
Good luck everyone.

I am on the previous course which was the first of the new apprentice courses. Our phase 1 ran from April 2015 to August 2015. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

We are due back on 7 September 2015 for a week or so of Basic Sea Survival then will hopefully be off away on our first trip to sea. Our phase 2 runs from Jan 2016 to April 2016.

H

H.Nelson

Good to hear you guys are all starting soon or have started already. I had my provisional offer come through last weekend after having my interview earlier this month. I'm on a reserve list for the course 1st January but, if not on that, will be on the course starting 17th April. There's limited spaces on the courses (as you all know). It's a long time to wait but, worth it in the long run.

The old scopie

Lantern Swinger
To Goose & H Nelson,
Cheers guys as you both know its a long road to get in and then its another long journey from there. Really looking forward to being back in a service environment after a mere 26 years away. Also looking forward to the course, stops me from going brain dead.

Seadog

War Hero
Once you've been to sea on the trained strength youngster!

I was told of an RFA junior rate, one not given to heel clicking deference - the field is large - manning an RFA gangway in that 'it's all too much bother' slouch that some do so well. He checks the list of visitors for the kindly silver haired civilian attired gent trying to get on board.

"Yeah yeah, but what's your first name mate?"

"Admiral".

For a civvy rebel, the jump out of the seat and spring to attention was worthy of an SS Trooper being addressed by an SS Gruppenführer.

For clarity, the admiral was on a private visit and told the CO not to bother with the usual protocol, he'd just get his host piped to the gangway.

The old scopie

Lantern Swinger
Great story Seadog,

It's the part of Collingrad I'm not looking forward to, as I'm sure some fresh faced little Lt who's old enough to be my son will wibble on about paying compliments even though I'm actually a civvie. But I'll take the advice of those in the know.

B

Bleeh

We are due back on 7 September 2015 for a week or so of Basic Sea Survival then will hopefully be off away on our first trip to sea. Our phase 2 runs from Jan 2016 to April 2016.

Don't you guys have a "air conditioner operator" course - or is it now on the job training?

The old scopie

Lantern Swinger
Hi Seadog,

Just thought I'd let you know, I was walking out of one of the training blocks here at Collingrad when I spotted a young Lt about to come into the building and in the process of taking his hat off before entering. So I walked a bit quicker to the door and with a breezy nautical salute and a "Morning Sir !" I caught him in mid hat off, hat on, salute, hat off. It's still a joy to catch those junior officers out, even if we don't have to "pay the compliments "

exJenny

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hi Seadog,

Just thought I'd let you know, I was walking out of one of the training blocks here at Collingrad when I spotted a young Lt about to come into the building and in the process of taking his hat off before entering. So I walked a bit quicker to the door and with a breezy nautical salute and a "Morning Sir !" I caught him in mid hat off, hat on, salute, hat off. It's still a joy to catch those junior officers out, even if we don't have to "pay the compliments "
You can bloody well pack that in!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Apprentice Comms Course January. RFA 27
M Comms Apprentice Accomodation RFA 5
C-Roi Comms Apprentice in September RFA 5
C-Roi RFA Comms Apprentice Interview RFA 9
S Comms apprentice training question RFA 1
T Apprentice Comms Application Form RFA 8
Z RFA Cadet Deck Officer or Comms Apprentice RFA 37
zombie Comms apprentice sift RFA 11
S Engineer or Comms apprentice? RFA 2
M New year application for comms apprentice RFA 2
Knightsrum Comms Apprentice interview, help please. RFA 2
D Comms Apprentice sift RFA 11
M Comms Apprentice RFA 6
MoD_RSS Employers encouraged to sign up for apprentice cash boost MoD News 0
K Accelerated Apprentice Marine Engineer chance?! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
7 Joining the RFA as a chef apprentice RFA 8
D Accelerated Apprentice Scheme (AE) CP level Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
A Apprentice RFA 7
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Publications Officer (Apprentice) MoD News 0
C Apprentice chef RFA 2
MoD_RSS Sellafield Ltd Apprentice Recruitment MoD News 0
C Life at worthy down as a RFA chef apprentice RFA 12
T Apprentice chef RFA 18
S RFA seamanship apprentice RFA 4
J Accelerated apprentice scheme in marine engineering Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
C-Roi RFA Communications Apprentice RFA 34
N How tough is the competition to become a chef apprentice Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
S Communication Apprentice-Questions RFA 1
J Weapons engineer advanced apprentice Scheme Selection 2019 Joining the Royal Navy 7
crash_evans Royal Navy Accelerated Apprentice (AA) Scheme Pipelines (AE/ME/WE) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S Chef Apprentice course RFA 24
E RFA APPRENTICE MARINE ENGINEER INTAKE 2019 RFA 1
B RFA chef apprentice. Joining the Royal Navy 21
N ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME (MARINE ENGINEERING) Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
MoD_RSS News story: UKHO apprentice wins Somerset Apprenticeship Award MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: HM Land Registry Apprentice wins award MoD News 0
A Accelerated Apprentice Selection Chances Joining the Royal Navy 2
W Apprentice steward Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
G Joining RFA as apprentice rating (but have a CoC) RFA 3
L Apprentice Engineer March 19 RFA 10
B New Joiners (Seaman Apprentice) Jan 2018 RFA 4
Popeye1974 Seamanship Apprentice RFA 20
H Does a Chef Apprentice have deep sea diving training for when fish stocks are low? RFA 29
T RFA engineer Apprentice RFA 13
B Seaman Apprentice 2019 List RFA 1
R Training apprentice?? RFA 6
Ninja_Stoker ACCELERATED APPRENTICE SCHEME – MARINE, WEAPONS, AIR AND SUBMARINER ENGINEERS - 2018 UPDATE Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 30
T I have recently applied for the apprentice chef role can anyone tell me when the sift is? RFA 6
U Difficulty getting into RFA as apprentice chef? RFA 28
M Fleet air arm apprentice. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4