Apprentice chef

Midshipman
Also I was asking when the would contact me as I'm really eager to get in as fast as possible.

I just thought that the rfa process would be quicker than the navy's as the rfa doesn't have additional fitness tests and stuff but guess not.

soleil

War Hero
I just thought that the rfa process would be quicker than the navy's as the rfa doesn't have additional fitness tests and stuff but guess not.

I think that it might be helpful for you to speak to one of the RN Careers Advisors in your nearest Armed Forces Careers Office about this.

Where is your nearest large town/city?

@7976887 - As others have said, settle yourself down for a lengthy recruiting process.

Whilst you have a lot of time on your hands (and you'll probably find some use for even a min wage income?) is there anything to prevent you from chasing up every job opportunity within the catering/hospitality sector?

Consider - potwash at an upmarket hotel, waiting at a busy greasy spoon, MacD/KFC/BK etc. Those all provide opportunities for at least a taste of what a career in cookery entails. Besides providing you with a few readies and answers to these inevitable RFA Interview questions:

"What have you been doing since you left school? & Have you any experience relevant to the role of an RFA chef?"

PS To put your 11 days waiting in perspective - A relative has no firm news (Last Quoted "It might be 'early 2021) so it looks like they will have clocked up between 18/24 months between first registration for an RFA Application (in another role) and their eventual Entry Date.

Rozz

Badgeman
Hi guys I'm 16 years old and I wanted to know if my chances of getting in as a chef apprentice are better than someone who is older than me?
Thanks guys.
There were two 16 year old boys in my class of 8 (each turned 17 during the course) so your age is not an issue. Good luck

Midshipman
@7976887 - As others have said, settle yourself down for a lengthy recruiting process.

Whilst you have a lot of time on your hands (and you'll probably find some use for even a min wage income?) is there anything to prevent you from chasing up every job opportunity within the catering/hospitality sector?

Consider - potwash at an upmarket hotel, waiting at a busy greasy spoon, MacD/KFC/BK etc. Those all provide opportunities for at least a taste of what a career in cookery entails. Besides providing you with a few readies and answers to these inevitable RFA Interview questions:

"What have you been doing since you left school? & Have you any experience relevant to the role of an RFA chef?"

PS To put your 11 days waiting in perspective - A relative has no firm news (Last Quoted "It might be 'early 2021) so it looks like they will have clocked up between 18/24 months between first registration for an RFA Application (in another role) and their eventual Entry Date.
As you said about looking for a job I am looking for a job at a nearby takeaway, that will be all the experience I have other than cooking at home.
And Ive made my peace with the waiting times for joining so thanks for your help guys.

soleil

War Hero
My nearest large town is Leeds, I live in Bradford

These are the details for Leeds; I would give them a call tomorrow.

There was a time not that long ago when the waiting time to join the Royal Navy as a Chef was relatively short.

Talk to one of the RN Careers Advisors at Leeds about what would be the best option for you. It might be that joining the Royal Navy rather than the RFA as a Chef might be the better choice for you at this point.

See what the CAs have to say about this.

AFCO(RN)
10-14 Bond Court
LEEDS
LS1 2JY

Telephone: 0113 243 0899

[email protected]

Monday08:00AM - 20:00PM
Tuesday08:00AM - 16:30PM
Wednesday08:00AM - 15:00PM
Thursday08:00AM - 15:00PM
Friday08:00AM - 15:00PM