Applying For Warfare Officer (Submariner)

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by LDLJ27, Nov 26, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

I have just started my application for becoming a Warfare Officer (Submariner) and have my presentation date on the 6th of December. How long does everyone think it will take (assuming I pass all the stages) for me to join BRNC?

Many Thanks For your help
  2. How long is a piece of string (seriously).

I passed my RT, eyesight, medical, fitness, interview all within 3 months. I have now been waiting for the next stage (for me it's the pre entry dive aptitude, others would be the PRNC) for at least 2 months and still don't have a date for it.

So again, refer to the beginning of my post.
  3. what is a pre entry dive aptitude?
  4. Errr an aptiude test for diver, pre-entry (known as PEDA).
    • Like Like x 2
  5. The selection process which divers go through before they get offered a place a Raleigh.
  6. is it a bit like a swimming test, but with less swimming and more sinking?
  7. No, but apparently it does involve lots of mirrors and hair gel application tests.
  8. Well dont I feel stupid now, it's because you replied to the warfare officer sm post and thats what I am going for and was worried that handnt heard of it let alone completed it.

9. That's why I put;

10. Sorry my mistake. Hope your process speeds up soon and good luck.
  11. Lewis

Intakes at BRNC take place in February, May, September and November.

If there is a suitably calibrated intake in September or November, either the first or the second of those two is the most likely; February would be impossible and May a bit unlikely, frankly.

September or November, I would say.

PS You need to get a good score at the AIB and not just pass; just passing doesn't guarantee a place at BRNC.
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012